Friday, March 30, 2007

Happy Happy Birthday, Mother Dear!


Today is a very special day in the life of my family. Today is the day that a wonderful woman, known as mom to me, entered this world. I honestly believe that I have the best mom in the world. She is not only the woman that kissed my scratches and wiped away my tears but she has also been my best friend and greatest example. I have always looked up to my mom and always wanted to be just like her. I have so many memories of my mom so please indulge me as I share a few...
  • Studying for hours on end with her. We would come up with funny ways to remember dates, formulas, and sequences.
  • I was so afraid to go to school when I was in 7th grade. One morning my mom gave me a little trinket to put in my pocket so that every time I was afraid I could touch it and remember she loved me. It helped a lot.
  • Watching her and my grandma eat avocados, drink diet coke, and talking at Sizzler.
  • Laughing, Laughing, Laughing
  • Being so excited for her to come and visit me in college for mothers week. I dragged her all around my tiny apartment and showed her every nook and cranny.
  • Laughing
  • Going shopping with her when I was little and walking arm in arm and feeling so lucky that she was my mom.
  • Sneaking a sip of her diet coke out of the fridge. I have never really liked diet coke but hers always tasted good.
  • Going into her room to say good night and find her sitting in bed studying her scriptures.
  • Watching her kick peoples hinneys while playing racket ball and thinking, "that's my mom, she is so cool!!"
  • Laughing
  • Introducing her to Jared and having her love him from moment one.
  • Spending hours and hours doing my hair.
  • Watching her always taking care of all those around her and doing so with so much love.
  • Talking to her about anything and every thing. Asking advice, telling stories, sharing jokes and funny experiences. I have seen it doesn't matter how far away you are if you love someone you can always feel it.
  • Have I mentioned laughing.
I have been so blessed with a wonderful mother that has taught me more than she will ever know. I am so thankful that she not only loves me but that she loves my sweet husband and little baby as well. It has been so fun to now wear the "mommy" shoes and have a better understanding of what it feels like to love a child. It has also been such a joy to watch her wear the "grandma" shoes and hear about how much fun it is to love your child and grandchild. I love you mom and wish you the happiest of birthdays. We are all thankful for you and your example. You have taught us how to love ourselves, each other, and most importantly, the Lord. Thank you for all you are and all you have inspired us to be.

6 comments:

Alli said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!! I love my mom. I couldn't have said it better myself. You are so wonderful, great, spectacular, and beautiful!

Thanks for the excellent post, Lace. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Little Lacey Anne,
Thank you for your kind and gentle words. You have always been such a joy and pleasure. My love for you is fierce! My love for you is reaches the deepest recesses of my soul. My love for you is eternal. Thank you for the precious opportunity of being YOUR mom!! I love you my sweet!!!

mom

Anonymous said...

Good note...by the way, just as a reminder, my birthday is January 16th (1972!!)

{B}dreamy said...

Awww, so sweet Lace! What a lucky daughter, and what a lucky mom!

Lacey said...

Haha dad...birthdays are not for how young you feel but how old you are ;) We still love you though!

Anonymous said...

Lacey you are lucky to have such a good mom. However I am luckier than you are because I have her for a daughter and you for a granddaughter and I love and cherish you both.
GM