Sunday, April 1, 2007

Another Silly Hobby


Let me introduce you to my newest hobby...planting!! NEWEST being the critical word. I have always wanted to not only plant beautiful flowers but to keep them alive as well. I figured that the second part of my desire, keeping them alive, was not possible here in the desert, unless I wanted to plant cactus's. However, that was until Thursday night. On Thursday we had our enrichment night, which was a garden party, and they taught us all about potting flowers. I was so excited that on Friday Cade and I headed to the local nursery. It was so much fun to pick out beautiful flowers and pots. Cade loved it too because they had little garden waterfalls that he loved looking at.


Once we made it home I changed my clothes, rolled up my sleeves and got to planting. Cade loved that he got to play in a big bag of dirt and as you can see from the pictures he soon learned that it doesn't taste good but it makes a good mustache. He was such a good helper and I had so much fun giving life to beautiful flowers, I hope. My planting is now done and far from professional but everyone has to start somewhere...right? Cade loves to smell the flowers and sticks his whole face into the plant and says, "mmmmmm" every time we walk outside. It is exciting to learn something new and so wonderful to have a husband who encourages and supports my silly whims. I love flowers and hope to continue to expand me learning to my balcony.

6 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Good for you! They're so pretty! I think you did a great job! First time, schmirst time! :)

And supportive husbands are the best! Where would we, or our whims, be without them?!

Tiffany said...

What a fun thing to do! I need to try that. They're very cute. And Cade is so cute, as usual!

Alli said...

Nice hobby! Your pots are beautiful. Grandma would be proud.

Clarissa Meegan said...

Love this hobby----planning on you giving me some tips when we get together in July! So impressed with your first pot!

Anonymous said...

Your pots look fabulous, I am so proud of you. Your a girl after your garandma heart. Cade looks so cute, thanks for your wonderful comemtary and pictures.
I love you, GM

Anonymous said...

Lacey,
I can't believe someone would actually pick your beautiful flowers. I suggest a mouse trap at the base of the most beautiful flower. I don't think you would have a problem after the "flower snatchers" first encounter with the quick justice of the "flower police".

I love you!
Mom