Monday, March 5, 2007

The Way I Say "I Love You"

Gifts, gifts, gifts that seems to have been the theme for the past couple of days. I love to give gifts but I love when I can do something cute with them even more. I know that I am not nearly as talented as many many other ladies out there but I am thankful for what I can do and find pure joy in making something cute and personal...just so someone knows I care about them. I recently went to a baby shower for a friend who is having a little boy. I normally have my typical baby shower gift but I decided to break the mold and do something different so after walking around the store forever I took a hint from Cade. Every ball that he saw he would reach for and beg to hold it. I realized...what says "boy" better than balls. I got him every kind of ball you could think of, miniature size, and put them in a baseball bag. It was really fun but Cade had a hard time understanding why they weren't for him.
The other thing that I love is making the wrapping look cute. My sister and I got my grandpa a tie for his 70th birthday. We wrote...mostly she wrote...a note about how he "ties" the family together...it was a touching letter. I then got to make it look cute, it was very fun. Here are the finished products. Once again, not the most talented but I enjoy doing it.


2 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Oh plllllease! I think the only person who thinks you're not talented is you, silly girl! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that baby gift (I'm going to steal that idea, just to warn you ;) and how clever and cute to give your Grandpa a tie in such a well-decorated package! Way to go, Miss talented!!!

Clarissa Meegan said...

You always have been such the creative. I think that I will steal this idea as well.