Monday, March 26, 2007

The Police Beat

In honor of my friend Candras birthday, which was yesterday by the way, I wanted to post something that reminds me of her and the good times we had in Rexburg, Idaho.

March 17-23 Rexburg Police Department had the following complaints...

  • Lost children. Located when police arrived. Complaint of water balloons being thrown at pedestrians.
  • Firework complaint.
  • Complaint of rocks on roadway. Highway 20
  • A student in dormitory called in to complain about students playing music and singing too loudly. The student reported that this has happened several times.
  • A student driving a BYU-I box truck attempted to drive between two buildings and ran the truck into the awning connecting the buildings. When the student hit the awning he was thrown into the steering wheel of the truck and reported chest pain. The student was checked by EMT's and released. The damage is estimated at $10,000 to the awning and $6,000 to the truck. It was the student's first day driving the truck.
---BYU also has their fair of problems as well---
  • A vending machine in the Taylor Building was damaged in an attempt to retrieve money from the machine Aug. 11. Neither money nor products from the machine were reported missing.
  • A male student reported his car stolen from the parking lot next to the Student Athletic Building on Sept. 1. Upon investigation it was found the car was not stolen but borrowed by a friend.
  • A building security officer was injured after biking down a grassy hill on campus. The officer did not see a bike rack at the end of the steep hill and ran into the rack. He suffered a broken wrist and elbow.
We would look forward to the Scroll being released so that we could find out what trouble the Rexburg natives had been up to. It is always difficult to have to deal with loud cows and messy potato fields. Love you Chandra and thank you for all the happy memories!!

9 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

I LOVE this post. I have definitely missed the police beat! And I miss my two favorite roommates! We HAVE to have a reunion this summer!

Lacey said...

I so agree!! How about July??

{B}dreamy said...

Where was I??? I had no idea there was a police beat in the Scroll! Shoot, I feel like I am totally missing out on all those times I could have been snickering...

Tiffany said...

Hi Lacey. I peek at your blog regularly. I met you a few times through Candra a long time ago. I love this post! It actually made me miss Rexburg for a few minutes. What a great place to go to school... thanks for the fun info!

The Probert Family said...

Yace...I LOVE this!! Even now, I read this and cannot...SIMPLY CANNOT understand how someone thinks that their neighbors' loud singing validates a phone call to the local police station. Do you really need to frantically dial 9-1-1 if you see rocks in the road. Maybe you should get out and kick them aside. But I'm glad that it gives the ol' officers SOMETHING to do. Also, I'm totally down for a reunion in July. Please!?! Oh, I also loved the image of a box truck getting lodged between two buildings and the brand new driver being completely thrown around in the driver's seat. Good one, Lace!!

The Probert Family said...

Oh, and Lace. You might want to tell Tiffany Dansie that you slept over at her house once and got in her hot tub and babysat her neice and nephew and had her nephew refer to you as the "girl who was sleeping naked". Oops.

Clarissa Meegan said...

July sounds great! Let's get planning!

Tiffany said...

What is this Lacey about sleeping at my house and sleeping naked? What?

Lacey said...

I was wearing a tank top when I walked from the bedroom to the bathroom. He saw me from behind and for some reason thought that I was naked...hahah, I had no idea that he thought this until he shared it with his parents when they got home...you can imagine my embarassment with the confusion.