Sunday, May 27, 2007

On This Day 3 Years Ago...


On this day 3 years ago.... I married my best friend. I am so lucky to have the most wonderful husband in the whole world! We are as different as night and day but were definitely made for each other. He is the person that fills my heart and comforts my soul. He is the man that makes me smile when everything else seems to be falling down around me. He is the man that has given me my beautiful child and honors me for being a mama. He is the man that inspires me to be more and encourages me to reach higher. He is the man that I get to spend eternity with.
Jared and I were set up on a blind date by his mom on February 12, 2004, I guess you can say that I was one of the lucky few to be hand picked by my mother-in-law! It was an instant connection from moment one and before we knew it, 8 days to be exact, we knew that we were going to spend the rest of forever together. No, 8 days is not a typo, it really did happen that way, the Lord knew what what we both needed and placed it in our realm of vision very quickly.
Exactly one month to the day of our first date my sweetheart proposed, in a "cave" and we almost got arrested but that is a story for another day, it is hilarious I must admit and has Jared written all over it. We were so blessed to live a fairy tale and have an amazing wedding reception on May 26, 2004 and then were married on May 27, 2004 in the Salt Lake Temple. It was such a beautiful day and I am so thankful to have spent it with him. He is such a wonderful man and completes me so well.
It has been such an honor to be by his side for the last 3 years and look forward to the rest of forever. I love you sweetheart! Happy Anniversary.

Yes, this picture has a "viewing proof" label on it....such a long story but just pretend it is not there...

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary to you! You're such a beauty! I'd love to hear the story of the proposal... sounds very fun!

Alli said...

Lacey, I miss you like crazy. I was just looking at that absolutely beautiful picture of you and a flood of memories came to me. I miss my sister! Please remember that I love you so much. You're the best sister I could ever have. Thank you for setting such a wonderful example for me. I love you!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Uhh...can you say beautiful? If only I could have been there :( I'm so glad that you are so happy! You two make a beautiful couple, and I'm sure complement eachother perfectly. Happy Anniversary! (And I"m with Tiffany..I would love to hear more about the proposal)...and I wouldn't mind seeing more wedding pics as well.

Joyce said...

I hope you guys had a wonderful Anniversary! You guys are so perfect for each other! Love Ya!

Anna said...

Lacey, you are so beautiful. I can't believe that you have been married for three years. I can't believe that it has been almost four years since we went to Chicago. Didn't we have so much fun? Do you remember the overnight ride in the bus, I think that sealed our friendhsip!

{B}dreamy said...

You have got to be kidding me! I thought I commented on how gorgeous you are, but alas, apparently I have not! But you are one fine lady missy! Happy belated anni!