Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend


Wow what a Memorial Day weekend! We had so much fun and were constantly on the go and therefore have spent the past few days recouping, thus the shortage of blogs. On Saturday morning we woke up early and headed to Lake Mead for the day. We had such a good time and are so blessed that Jason and Melissa invited us to come with their family. We rented a boat, tube and 2 wave runners for the day. I thought that I would spend most of the day sun bathing and keeping an eye on my little one but I actually got to get out on the water quite a bit. I loved the wave runners, there is just something strangely freeing about having that much power in your hands and nothing to hold you back. My poor husband thought that I was a little crazy and was a little taken back that I wasn't a "wimpy driver" as he put it.

Cade didn't much care for getting in the water, which I found rather strange because he LOVES swimming but I think that the lake was a little overwhelming for him. He was so funny to watch because he loved to just watch every one and wave to all that passed by.
Cade and Ben liked to sit in the front of the boat and hang their arms over the side. It was cute to listen to Ben say, "Its okay Cade the fishies wont get you, you are safe, okay?"

We then took off early Monday morning for California. Jared decided to surprise me and take me back to a beach that we spent a great deal of time at when we were first married. It was so much fun to be back there and relive our newly married days. It was kind of a windy overcast day and so Jared built a "wind break," basically a big wall of sand. He worked so hard on it and all Cade wanted to do was climb up and jump off of it, figures.
That night, before we made the trek home, we went to an angels baseball game and had a great time, even though they got killed. Cade loves baseball and loved watching a really big game on the field and on the screen. We had a great weekend full of excitement, family, travel, and memories. Thanks to everyone who made it possible and thanks to my sweet husband for my California surprise.

5 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

CALIFORNIA?! Where's the love Lace, where's the love? Haha, just kidding. :)

Glad you had a fun break. Love that picture of Cade, top right. That look is just too familiar, ha!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Man--that was a serious weekend. These pictures of you and your fam are so fun to see...thank you for becoming a blogger. I feel like I can see you everyday now...and miss you when your gone. Glad you had a fun week and got back safe!

Alli said...

How fun! I've never been on a wave runner before. That power feeling must be the same as riding the motorcycles...

All of these pictures are way cute. It looks like you had a blast!

Tiffany said...

Can I just say you're beautiful??? And where did you get that cute swimsuit??? Looks like you had so much fun. I love Lake Mead and waverunners are the best! You should try a "stand-up jet-ski" sometime. They're a blast too! Glad you had such an eventful weekend! (Oh, and nice muscles too!)

Joyce said...

WOW! SO MUCH FUN! I am jealous that you had such a wonderful weekend! We need to plan a fun weekend together again soon! We miss you guys!