Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Welcome to Motherhood

So, I had a rude awakening to motherhood today. For the past almost 18 months I have felt so blessed because I honestly thought that I had the perfect child. He was a good boy that would listen to me and usually do what I asked him to. He is a bit noisy but that is to be expected considering his gene pool. He loved to play with other kids and would usually just follow them around. On occasion he would put up a fuss if a toy was taken from him but for the most part he would just find something else and continue to play. That was until today.
A lady in my moms ward that has two kids, one Cades age and also a 3-year-old, invited us over for lunch and to play. I thought that it would be a fabulous idea considering it is about -16 degrees here, not exactly prime outside weather. So we ventured out in the snow and cold to play. I was excited because Cade is usually a good little friend and has a good time. Well, within the first 5 minutes he had already hit the little boy twice, the girl once, had taken toys from both of them, and thrown about everything he could get his hands on. I wanted to DIE!! I could not believe that my little angel and become the play group bully. I honestly wanted to cry, with every hit or thrown toy another knot formed in my stomach.
Well, the play date eventually came to an end and not a moment too soon for the poor little one with the knocks on the head. As I was walking out of the door all I could think was, "this lady is going to think my mom has awful grand kids" and "And I really think I want 6 kids?!" I know that every mom has this same experience one time or another but I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. You never really understand the stresses and pressures your own parents had until you really experience it on the other end. Ah the beauties of motherhood.

4 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

One day in 18 months? I would say that your record proves that you are a model mother

The Probert Family said...

Seriously. I'm sure that is kind of traumatizing...but WAY TO GO on having just this one incident in 18 months. Maybe he just woke up on the wrong side of the crib that day.

Anonymous said...

I miss my nephew. He did that because he was angry that he hasn't seen his Auntie Alli in so long.

Joyce said...

That must have had your day right?!! Like everyone else said, One day in 18 months means your the Best Mom ever!! I was it, so I confused all my weird things about myself. So check out my blog for them! It was a nice surprise to see Jared this weekend! We have missed you guys so much!