Thursday, April 19, 2007

New Shoes


So I finally got Cade his first pair of summer flip flops the other day. I have looked and looked at them online but have never broken down and made the actual purchase until now. I was so excited to put them on him and he was so excited to have a new pair of shoes...that was until they were on his feet. It was so funny because he didn't know what to do and was convinced that he could not move with them on. He just stood in the same spot for at least 10 minutes and looked at me like "what do I do, mom?"


He would bend down and touch his toes and reach out and grab things that were around him but his feet stood planted in the same spot. I kept laughing and telling him that it was okay and that he could walk but he just looked at me in disbelief. He finally started to take little baby steps and when he realized that they would stay on his feet he was off. They are now his very most favorite thing. It is really cute because the first thing he does when he wakes up is finds his shoes and brings them to me to slip on his feet. Oh the beauty of a new pair of shoes!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute and stylin' shoes! I love that last picture of him! I wish him and Cameron could play together.

Lacey said...

I know I so agree. I have thought several times that they would have so much fun together!!

{B}dreamy said...

I love baby flip-flops! I don't think Will was as apprehensive as Cade, and you should see him now! He cuts a rug like there's no tomorrow with those things on, without breaking an ankle...

Love the leather, very classy. Where'd you get them???

Lacey said...

Good ole Wal-mart...you gotta love it!!

Joyce said...

He is such a big boy now! He is looking older and older every post you make! We miss you guys and hopefully we will see you soon!

Clarissa Meegan said...

I love the leather look! I remember the first time Gracie wore sandals--she had the same reaction.Thank goodness summer is almost here so we can all finally wear sandals!