Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New York Baby!


The Williams Women's Weekend has come and gone. The inspiration for this fabulous weekend was good ole BYU-I! It all started about 5 years ago when my mom and grandma came to Rexburg for my Mothers week. It was so much fun that it quickly became an awaited for event every year. Last year was our first experience with my little sis Alli, which was such a joy because I went back to my old stomping grounds and found that my sister had as much love for them as I did. As ironic as it may sound she actually ended up in the same room and same bed that I had occupied 3 years earlier, what a co-wink-a-dink! Anyway, since Alli got married this past summer we decided to change up "Mothers Week" and head off to a destination. Our first pick...New York City baby!! I left on Wednesday night at about 11:00pm and flew all night to JFK where I soon welcomed my sister, mom, and grandma. We bundled up and headed out into the rain storm.


We saw many places, the Brooklyn Bridge being one of my favorites (top picture). Another favorite was NBC studios. With my recent love for the Today Show it was like a reunion with a long lost friend to be able to see the place in person that I see every morning. It was also fun to go into the studios and see paraphernalia from all the NBC shows. It almost brought a tear to my eye to see the Panther Football shirt and hat...my newest most favorite show is Friday Night Lights...I actually watched the season finale right before I left for the airport...I love that show!!


As I mentioned earlier it was VERY stormy our first day there. My sis and I were soaked!! When ever we got the chance to take off our shoes we did. I actually ended up taking off my socks and just wearing shoes so I would only squish through one layer of water instead of two. We had so much fun laughing and talking, laughing and talking, laughing and talking with a few diet cokes and subway rides thrown in there. I have the best family and feel so honored to call them mine!! Love you guys and thanks for the memories!!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fun tradition! You look so cute! I love your hair... straight or "fake" curly... I love that post of yours!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Ummm...can you say jealousy? And tell me the truth---are you four really quadruplets??!

Joyce said...

How fun! I LOVE NYC! I bet you guys had so much fun.

Alli said...

I LOVE MY FAMILY! I had so much fun with you, Lace. I felt like I hadn't seen you in such a long time; and yet, it felt like yesterday! How does that work? I love this post. Thank you. I love love love you!

Anonymous said...

I remember Mother Week like it was yesterday at good ol' BYU-I. I loved it that you shared your family with me Lace! It looks like you are keeping it up...so fun!!! I love you and miss you tons!

{B}dreamy said...

You, my blog bud, are drop dead gorgeous! And how the heck did you keep your hair straight in all the rain??? Glad you had such a fun time! Sounds like something my mom and I should start...

Anonymous said...

You guys went to NYC??? How come I didn't know about this!!!!!