Monday, April 23, 2007

"Its Not a Fair its a Carnival"


First of all a little background on the title. When we were little and we thought that something that my Dad asked us to do wasn't fair our typical response would be, "Dad, that's not fair!!" to which he would respond, "You're right, its not a fair its a carnival." Haha, I can laugh now at my dads corny jokes but I can say I wasn't laughing then. However, since we went to a carnival on Saturday I couldn't resist sharing. I was so excited to take Cade to the carnival and thought that for sure he would love it...I was wrong. He didn't hate it but he was a little overwhelmed at first and became a clingy little boy. However, once we broke out the ball toss and he got a blow-up guitar for throwing the ball (which he promptly used as a bat) he warmed up to the idea.

This picture is one that makes me laugh (below). The goal of the game was to throw the ping pong ball into the dishes but the mind of a little one year old just couldn't quite grasp that one. Haha, as soon as he got his hands on the ball the threw it as hard as he could right over the table and across the lawn. I laughed and laughed when Jared gave him several more turns, each time trying to explain what to do, however getting the same response, the ball across the park. It was really fun to get out and spend some fun time together as a family.

1 comment:

{B}dreamy said...

Aren't corny dad jokes the best (now they are)? :) And I love how much of a boy Cade is! Everything is meant to be thrown or whacked! What a life!