Wednesday, August 29, 2007

'Tis the Season...

Cougar season that it. Oh the joys of having 2 boys that live, drink, and breath college football. The first game of many this fall kicks off this Saturday at 3:30 in Provo, Utah and yes, folks, we will be there. I am actually kind of excited to feel the adrenalin from a thousand other people and not just my husband and little boy, although, they definitely hold their own. Cade wore his BYU shirt yesterday, that he got from Jason and Melissa for his birthday, and had to tell everyone that it was "B-Y-----, U" it was too funny.

The other day we had my niece Amelia come over and play for a few hours. I decided to pull the camera out as we played and got a couple of fun shots. Cade loves Amelia so much and will smother her with kisses at a drop of a hat. It was so much fun to have 2 little ones playing together, they are such a joy!
It is amazing how the capacity of a mom changes over time. I have always loved Cade and always wanted to care for him. However, it hasn't been until just recently that I have realized that he is not just my little boy but my friend too! We have had so much fun together and I have found so much joy in him. I no long feel that I am "entertaining him" but that we are now entertaining each other. I find myself often lost in his imagination, in his passion for life and his curiosity. I love this new part of the mom world. I feel so blessed to have him as my son, my teacher, and my friend.

6 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Ahh man! Too bad that I am going out of town this weekend or I would come to see you in Provo! Sounds like you are all looking forward to the trip down though!

And--I must agree that the "friend and mom" stage is the best. You really have a way of putting things into words.

Anonymous said...

Lace, you are getting so good at this picture taking thing! You are AWESOME! I love you, sister...

{B}dreamy said...

He's such a little man! I love my buddy, too. :)

Durham said...

You're such a great mommy. Cade's lucky to have you.

Grandma Vicki said...

Could you through in a little U of U excitement for the C-Baby. He needs to have more in his life than BYU.

Joyce said...

GO COUGS! Have fun at the game! We miss you guys so much!