Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baby Girls, High Heals, and Big Boy Beds

Just a small disclaimer before you start reading, these pictures are NOT the best. The lighting is awful but it all about the moment. Yesterday we had some friends bring over their little girl for us to babysit so they could go to the temple. Well, she was sleeping when they dropped her off and Cade could not wait for her to wake up. He waited patiently and I only had to remind him about 10 times that the baby was sleeping to which he would quickly bring his finger up to his mouth and say, "shhhhhhh, baby sleeping." When she woke up he was so excited and wanted to play ball with her so badly. I told him that she was hungry and that we needed to feed her so he ran to the table and grabbed his bib and sippy and tried to give them to her. I couldn't help but smile at his immense desire to help and so I showed him how to hold her bottle that he wanted to do all by himself. He also beamed when he got to hold her and was so sad when he had to give her back. It was a fun night to have a little one in our home again and even more fun that our little one enjoyed the really little one even more.
I left my shoes in the living room last night and after Cade had his tubby this morning (hence the no clothes) he headed straight toward "mommy's oes" (mommy's shoes) and put them on. I laughed and laughed as he tried to scoot them through the house because he couldn't pick up his feet. I asked him, "what mom does in her shoes," and that his how I ended up with the crossed leg picture. It is amazing what little ones come up with sometimes.

Cades newest thing is sleeping on the floor. For some reason he doesn't like sleeping in his bed and continually opts for the floor. Two nights ago wasn't any different and after many attempts he ended up on the floor. After about an hour I could hear strange noises coming from his room. Jared went to check on him and after a search we found him asleep under the bed. He was rolling around and kept bumping the top of the bed, that is what we could hear. This morning I decided to take the front off of his crib because he can get out of it anyway, in an attempt to have him sleep in his bed. He thought that it was really neat this afternoon and couldn't wait for nap time. He crawled right in and zonked out. However, now here I sit, 10:05pm and Cade is once again.... On the floor. That was short lived. You gotta love little boys.

4 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

How cute is he?! He would be the best big brother! Love the heels Cade! And gorgeous bed! I must say, you've got taste chica! And I love how the kid sleeps on the floor, haha. I don't know what I'm going to do when we switch Will over...

Clarissa Meegan said...

Sound like Cade is baby hungry, ha, ha. He will be a great bib bro. And really, how could he want to sleep anywhere but on that gorgeous bed. I want it!

Alli said...

Cade is too cute. I say what everyone else has said... he is going to be the best big brother!

Anonymous said...

Cado,

What more can I say than...I miss you! LOTS---
I miss watching you sleep. I miss playing ball with you. I miss pushing you on the swings. I miss watching you eat and eat and eat. I miss hearing you talk and talk and talk. My arms are hungry to hold you again. I want to hear the words.."hold you" right now. I need my little companion back that continuously brings a smile to my face. What a great job your mommy and daddy have done to help you become the AMAZING little boy that you are. I love you! I miss you!!

Uma/mom