Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Great Shower Meltdown


So, on Saturday I had a baby shower for a friend. It was really fun to plan and put together but there was one minor meltdown. I found these really cute ice cream sandwiches that you make with sugar cookies and sherbet that I was SO excited to make. I planned and planned trying to find a way to keep them frozen while they were out, thinking that would be my biggest difficulty. Not so much. I spent a great deal of time on Friday making the sandwiches and also the chocolate dipped strawberries. Well, Saturday morning came around and I pulled the strawberries out of the fridge only to see that they had condensation all over them and were starting to get mushy inside...YIKES. I tried to laugh it off and had Jared taste test about 1o of them to make sure they tasted okay. He gave me the thumbs up and headed out the door to hang out with the boys. Well, I then turned to the freezer to pull the sandwiches out and found they were all smooshed and there was sherbet all over the bottom of my freezer. I couldn't believe my eyes. I quickly pulled out the recipe and realized that I had missed a very important step while making them because I got caught up talking on the phone so they turned out less than perfect. I once again turned to my trust worthy hubby and had him stop at the store to pick up some muffins. To which he returned with $40.00 worth of muffins. haha, I guess better to have WAY too much than not enough. He is such a good guy.

So, all in all it turned out okay. The empty platter is the one that ended up being filled with muffins. It was fun to chat with the girls and celebrate the soon birth of a baby.

3 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Uhhh, this looks so beautiful---even minus the sherbet sandwiches. Aren't you planning on throwing my next b-day party?

Grandma Vicki said...

Lacey...you did your grandma proud. There is nothing that makes a grandma prouder than to have her granddaughter pass her up, and pass me up you did. Your table looks spectacular. You have the gift and the power and you used it well. It is beautiful.
Iloveyou.
GM

{B}dreamy said...

It all looks great to me! Look at you workin' the party scene! You go girl! And if you are doing Clarissa's next b-day party, I better be invited... ;)