Thursday, May 28, 2009

5 Years


Yesterday marked our 5 year wedding anniversary.  
This week has been an interesting week for me.  The lesson that I have been preparing for young women's this weekend has been on temple marriage and I was also asked to be in a fashion show for Allyse's Bridal this Saturday, so needless to say I have had "marriage" on the mind.  
I have gone back and forth trying to decide how to acknowledge this wonderful event in my life.  I thought I could just share our story... but I am sure everyone that reads this blog already knows it.
Then I thought I could make a list of what I have learned being married for 5 years... but I just did a list.
Then I thought that I could list all the reasons I love my husband... but I did that already too.

As Jared and I sat last night and looked at our wedding album and read the notes that were written to us by those in attendance of our sealing I knew what I wanted to do.  Honestly, that day was a blur, swirled with so much excitement, nerves (by some more than others), butterflies, kisses, and just out right love that I don't remember many of the words that were said, only the feelings.  However, lucky for me my sweet sister-in-law had everyone write down what they remembered about the sealing.  The sealer gave us some amazing advice that has always echoed in my mind and filled my heart with warm feelings.  It is on every wedding anniversary that I get to once again connect those constant feelings with the familiar council that seems to fade through the year.  

Our sealer counseled us with these wise words...
-Only shout if the house is burning and leave the pouting to the little ones.  Don't shout or pout.
-Don't ever go to bed angry.
-It doesn't matter who is right only what is right.
-Don't shame or blame.
-You don't always get your way but you still get your say.

How blessed I feel to have been married in Gods holy temple and to know that I get to be with my sweet husband and our precious babies not only now but for forever.  What an honor it is to be a wife and a mother.  
I love you my sweet Jared and thank you for living your life in a way that allowed us to go to the temple together and seal our family for time and all eternity.  
Happy Anniversary.
I love you.


11 comments:

Krystal said...

I at one point in my life went down the Mormon road, i was looking for acceptance from anyone. I didn't find it there but I did find acceptance in myself.
When I was on my way to hard core Mormon because I though that was what I was to do I wanted to get married in the temple. I really did! And while I love my husband until the day we both leave this earth he wasn't there in that process so we weren't able to get married and sealed.

congrats on 5 years, my husband and i are celebrating 7 years this year.

Clarissa Meegan said...

First off, gorgeous picture!

Second off, Glad that you are so happy!

The Mrs. said...

I am so happy that you are so happy and thankful!

Awesome picture!
Jamee

Grandma Vicki said...

Happy Anniversary to two of the most precious people in the world. I love you both and am proud of who you are. I too remember the wedding day with the fondest of memories. I feel like it was my day as well as yours. I totally enjoyed all of it and remember it well.
Many, many, many more years of happiness to you both.

Porters said...

Oh Lacey, that picture is so beautiful. I love the words that the sealer shared with you, such good words to live by. I don't believe it has been 5 years already time flies when your having fun:)

Alli said...

I love this picture! You look amazing! I also loved the advice from your sealer. Thanks for mimicking your sister-in-law and writing down what my sealer said.

Love you, Lace!

Maria Ison said...

What a GORGEOUS picture. You made one gorgeous bride! Happy 5 years!!

Heather said...

love the pic!

happy anniversary! 5 years has gone by so fast, and know you have 2 beautiful boys, time flys.

xoxo

ohiolanges said...

I think I will steal your sealing tradition for my girls! I love it. Wonderful words to remember and live by. Congratulations!

TulsaT said...

That is so great, when we get sealed, I am going to have someone write down what he says!

Kelsey Ann said...

Lacey when you first said you were getting married I was on the phone with you in my kitchen in rexburg. I cried. Remember how we were planning on being roommates again once I moved to Provo? But you were so happy when you talked about Jared. I knew I was being selfish to cry, but I could think of a million reasons on why you shouldn't tie the knot, not yet anyway.
Then I spent that time leading up to your wedding with you. You were blissfully in love. And on the day you got married you glowed more than the average bride. You looked amazing and I knew you were the happiest girl on earth at that moment. While I didn't get to go to the temple to witness the sealing, I was so proud of you for living your life in such a way that you were able to enter into the Lords house. You were such a great example to me then, as you are now.
I can tell you both stay true to the covenants you made to one another. Lacey you followed your heart and listened to the Lord. I had no reason to cry except tears of joy. Sorry I was so selfish then, I really was happy for you.
Congratulations on 5 years...I honestly can't believe it has been that long!