Monday, November 26, 2007

An Attitude of Gratitude


We had a great thanksgiving full of family, food, and fun. We went to a cabin in Brian Head, Utah and had a huge feast. We cooked and cooked all day on Thursday and then enjoyed the fruits of our labors for the next few days. As you can see, the little ones were dying to dig in and devour the feast.
We had a couple of 4-wheelers to play on and had a blast but were bummed that the snow had not made its debut, that was until Friday morning. We woke up to the beginnings of a winter wonderland. I was so excited to get Cade out and snap some pictures of the kids in the snow. It was really the first time that Cade had played in the snow and he was somewhat unsure as what to think about it. He loved to kick in and eventually learned how to throw it so he could retaliate after a snowball in the face, it was great.
I started with pictures of the twins but then my camera froze. I was so sad because I had great plans for some snow pictures. Hopefully my camera can make it back from the shop before Christmas because my little point and shoot just doesn't do the job.



On Saturday morning we headed up to Provo for the BYU vs Utah rivalry game. We had a great time! We ended up taking Cade with us to the game and he loved it. He yelled and cheered and supported the Cougars. We were so proud of our little man.
It was a great Thanksgiving holiday and we feel so blessed to have shared it with so many special people!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now is the time for my attitude of gratitude...
I have felt so blessed this past year and know that our Father in Heaven has truly watched over our family and blessed us with more than we deserve.

I have been married to my prince charming for 3 1/2 years. I love my sweet husband and feel so blessed to have forever with him.

We have been blessed to have a full fridge and full tummy's.

We have been blessed to spend lots of time with all of our family. We have been blessed with hugs and kisses and feel so blessed to have been loved so much.

We have survived some not so great haircuts. Ooops, we got a little over zealous with the clippers.

We have been to the happiest place on earth...Disneyland. And it was truly one of the happiest places on earth!

We have played, and played, and played!


Cade has loved nursery and has been a champ. Oh thank heavens for Nursery!


Cade has been a great 2 year old and has not learned the "mine" word until just recently. We feel so blessed to have such a fun, exciting, and lovable little boy!

We have been a very happy and blessed family of 3....


And are so excited and honored to soon be a family of 4!

13 comments:

Camille said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am so excited for you- 2 is quite the adventure, I will say that much! Looks like you had a lot of fun over the holidays, and have a lot to be thankful for.

I have been meaning to email you for the last couple weeks, but just haven't gotten around to it. Things have just been crazy around here. How about after the holidays we get together? I know my boys would love to have a new friend. Maybe we could go to the new mall everybody is talking about?

Again, congrats! :-)

Clarissa Meegan said...

Wahoo! Wahoo! Wahoo! CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to hear more of the details (dates, gender, etc) ! I am so excited for you! Loved this list, and especially the little picture of your family before the pregnancy pic. You all look perfect!

The Probert Family said...

AWESOME! Seems like you've been waiting for baby #2 to announce his/her arrival. Congratulations! You look great...love the dark hair! CONGRATS!

Daynes Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast Thanksgiving weekend too. What a cool cabin! Congrats, we are so excited for you guys! Cade is going to be a good big brother but may have to adjust a little. What a darling family!

Joyce said...

YEAH!! I have been waiting for you to post the good news!!! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait for the new arrival!! Cade is going to be a great big brother!! Keep us updated!!

Alli said...

Okay, so that was the CUTEST way to blog your pregnancy. Seriously. You are so amazing! I love you!

PS: Oh, have I told you that you are a smokin' sexy lady? Yeah, well, you are!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

I wish we could have stayed in brian head longer, but it was fun seeing you guys!!! Congrats again on your growing belly!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! Look how beautiful your little family is!! I seriously miss you guys. Cade is adorable and you are just gorgeous! So happy for you guys. You're the world's cutest mom!

Fabulous Fillmores said...

Hurray! Congrats!!! That is so much fun. I had a feeling that you were going to make that kind of announcement! So fun!!!

{B}dreamy said...

Can I just say that I'm WAY jealous of your fridge! And the pictures are all amazing. Hmmm, it seems like I'm missing something... oh yes! :P CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you guys! *B

*kAy*:) said...

Oh my gosh Lacey i cant believe that you are prego congrats to you and Jared. I just wanted to stop by and say hi and to give you my new website. It's www.kkandfamily.blogspot.com i hope that you enjoy it. your website is soooo cute i cant believe that Cade is getting so big. I miss you guys like crazy and i always think about you guys like everyday. Let me know how you are doing. I love and miss you all so very much.
Love Kayla Steggell.

*kAy*:) said...

Oh my gosh Lacey i cant believe that you are prego congrats to you and Jared. I just wanted to stop by and say hi and to give you my new website. It's www.kkandfamily.blogspot.com i hope that you enjoy it. your website is soooo cute i cant believe that Cade is getting so big. I miss you guys like crazy and i always think about you guys like everyday. Let me know how you are doing. I love and miss you all so very much.
Love Kayla Steggell.

*kAy*:) said...

Oh my gosh i cant believe that you are prego congrats to you and Jared. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that i miss you all like crazy. I cant believe that Cade is getting so big i havent even seen him since he was like a baby. Your blog is soo cute. I also wanted to stop by and give you my blog address it's www.kkandfamily.blogspot.com. well take care and hope to hear from you soon.
Love Kayla Steggell