Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween...take 1, 2, 3, and 4!

TAKE 1-- Halloween Party
Halloween seemed to be a week long celebration in our home. It all started off with a fun little Halloween party with Cade and all his little friends. Lots of costumes, lots of snacks, lots of games. We had a good time. Cade was supposed to be a lifeguard, however he put a stop to that one. For some silly reason he refused to wear his costume so I had to rummage through his closet an hour before the party and luckily found some basketball warm-ups so he became a "baketball player" as he would say.

Cades friends Avery and Evan

Some of the kids all dressed up at the party

Giving Evan big hugs.

TAKE 2-- Trunk or Treat

Our ward had a trunk-or-treat on Monday. Cade had a good time but he was more excited about his halloween bucket at first. Once he realized that he got candy when he held it out and said the right words he was stoked! Our candy, all 65 candy bars and 25 play doughs were gone within 10 minutes, crazy!


TAKE 3-- TRUNK OR TREAT...AGAIN

As if we didnt already have enough candy, we went to the trunk-or-treat at Jason and Melissa's ward, Jareds brother and sister-in-law, on Tuesday. We had a great time and since Cade had finally caught onto the idea of Halloween he had a blast running from car to car. We also got to gather treats with the cutest knights and BYU cheerleader you have EVER seen!

TAKE 3-- HALLOWEEN

I decided that I was so sick of his dumb basketball player costume. It was boring and predictable, so I opted for a different costume for halloween night, a missionary. I wasnt sure if he would go for it but once he saw that he got to wear his church shoes and daddy's badge he was all in. I also wasn't sure if people that were not members of the church would know what he was but everyone loved his costume so much that he got extra candy. The response was, "oh a Mormon missionary, how cute!" followed by a handful of candy. To which he responded, "gank you!" (thank you) It was a hit!

His bucket was over flowing after about 45 minutes of trick-0r-treating. He had a great time and was really sad this morning when I told him that we were not going out again. As for me, I had a great time but am ready to move onto the next holiday!

10 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

SO GREAT! I love that you made Cade into a little missionary! He fits the part well. And all of those kids at the party are so cute! Looks like you have made some good friends around there! I'm so glad!

Anonymous said...

It should read Elder CADO!!! He is the most beautiful missionary I have ever seen. And that is saying alot because I happened to marry one of them also. I love you all!

Mom

Durham said...

He was cute as a basketball player, but I LOVE the missionary costume!

Alli said...

He makes the CUTEST missionary every! I can't even stand it!

Daynes Family said...

Great pictures! I love all his costume changes. That's funny he wouldn't wear his lifeguard costume. Luke was the same,he really hated his tiger costume. I think it was a little too hot for Las Vegas! Cade is getting so big and such a handsome little guy!

The Summerhays Crew said...

Love the little missionary..so cute!

Anonymous said...

Of the 65 candy bars you had how many did Jared eat!!!

Joyce said...

Cade is the cutest basketball player and missionary! He is cute in whatever he wears!!

{B}dreamy said...

Hey Lace! Long time no "see"! Just wanted to pop in, see how you're doing and all that jazz. And I wasn't at all surprised to see Cade as cute and handsome as ever (LOVE the mish costume)!

Ashley said...

Okay he is so stinking cute and what an original idea for a Halloween Costume!