Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Utah With A Bang!

We had a crazy and way too quick weekend this past week. We took off to Utah on Friday night and pulled in at about 1 a.m. With a restless night behind us I woke up early and headed to the salon so my cute sister-in-law gave my hair some TLC. Once I was done I jetted back to the house to pick up Jared and head to the BYU game. We had a great time at the game and were happy to leave with another win however we were on the run again. We were in the car again and on our way to Salt Lake. We arrived just in enough time to change and head off to my cute cousin Seth's baptism.

The baptism was wonderful and we were all so proud of him and his decision. He is such a tender soul that just makes you happy to be around. He is going to be an amazing missionary though out his entire life.

Cade was being a goof ball at the baptism and was cheesing for the camera. He has recently discovered little cars and at the moment prefers Lightening Mcqueen from cars. He takes it every where and loves to make all the car noises that all boys can make for some reason.

My newest addition are bangs. It has been years and years since I have had bangs but I was in desperate need of a change and my only options were cut it all off or cut some bangs. I opted for the smaller commitment. I have enjoyed something different but am still trying to figure out how to do them. I feel a little disabled when I am doing my hair now.



However the most exciting addition of the weekend was baby Sawyer. My sister-in-law, Jessica, went into labor or had her water break on Saturday morning at 7 a.m. and our little Sawyer was here by 2:02pm. We are so excited that we got to see him before we had to head back to Las Vegas.

Cade was so excited to see baby "Sawer," as he would say. He loved to hold him, look at him, and talk to him but he did NOT like it when I held him. He did everything that he could to get my attention on him and off of Sawyer. It was too funny and a little endearing but something we are going to have to work on.

The whole time he held the baby he would smile and smile and say, "look mom, a baby!"

Jared fell in love with his little nephew. He was so excited to snuggle a little one again and had to keep smelling the "new baby smell." It was so much fun to watch both of my boys with a little baby around.

After a short visit and welcoming at the hospital we got back in the car and got back to Las Vegas at about Midnight on Sunday. It was a great weekend, we had a wonderful time and wish that we could have spent more time with our family and the newest addition. Congrats Jessie, Craig, and Molly and welcome to our family Baby Sawyer... We love you!

5 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

New babies are the best! Glad you had a fun trip! And by the way, you look so much like your mom in these pictures!

Alli said...

These pictures are so sweet. Seriously. I wish I could have been there. I miss you like crazy, sis!
PS: I like the bangs!

Joyce said...

LOVE the BANGS! It is always fun to have a new look!

That is so exciting that you could be there to see Sawyer! Perfect timing! :)

Daynes Family said...

Love the bangs and the color! You guys look cute holding a baby...I think you need one of those!

michellecluff said...

How cute is your little family!!! You are just so beautiful and I can't believe how big cade is! I haven't seen him since he was just a baby! You guys look great and it's so good to hear the latest with you. We miss you guys!