Saturday, June 30, 2007

Odds and Ends


Just thought that I would add a few pictures to the Blog because my last post didn't have any pictures...BORING! The other day we went to an outdoor shopping/common area called "the district" for family night and had a great time. We stopped by Ben and Jerry's for a quick ice cream and then headed out to the lawn to relax. It was very relaxing until we ran into some friends that have a little boy Cades age and had a little disaster. The two little ones were running around and having a great time, that was until Cade got a little over zealous with a toy car. He had so much energy, it was an hour past his bed time, and he was a little on the "wound up" side and he threw the toy car into the air and it smacked the other little boy right in the head, drawing blood!! I dont know who shed more tears, the little boy or me! I felt so terrible!! I know that Cade is still a little boy who is almost 2 but I swear that I have taught him better than that. Needless to say, we apologized profusely and exited quickly. Oh, the learning curves of life!
Here are a few more pictures from the family vacation. I ended up taking over 700 pictures in a few days and most of them were of this little darling, my niece Molly.

I love the picture of her doing the summer-sault with her dress over her head and also the one of her with her dress up and her finger in the nose. She is such a GIRL that it makes them even more classic. I also think it is too funny that all Molly wants to do is look at the water and Cade cannot get into it fast enough. Such a difference between boys and girls!

I think that I love the story behind this picture even more than the picture itself. As I said before, Molly is all girl and loves anything and everything that is girly, including dancing. One of our days on the beach I was snapping some pictures of the kids and turned around to see Molly dancing with her Daddy in the waves as he sang "beauty and the beast." It was so precious, I loved it and then at the end he said, "bow to the prince" and she bowed to him and then he bowed back to her. So tender.
Here are my silly boys being themselves at Knots Berry Farm. They saw the bench with the statues and they both snuggled right up to them...it was classic Jared and Josh.

6 comments:

Alli said...

These pictures are so great! The one of Cade at Ben and Jerrys is the cutest! I miss that cute little smile. However, that last picture of Jared and Josh with the statues is my favorite! It's so funny! I still can't tell them apart. I have no idea who is who. I am such a dork!

{B}dreamy said...

Cade looks JUST like his daddy! And that last pic is a crack up!

Anonymous said...

I like how the flower is right up in the foreground in that rolling over one. Way cool.

Clarissa Meegan said...

As always--great pictures! You really have a knack for this thing!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...I love the angles and surroundings, plus they capture the emotion and curiosity of your subects....well...maybe not so much for the picture of Josh and Jared!!!

Joyce said...

Molly is so cute! She has grown up so fast! I also love the pictures of Cade and the the Oreo shake!