Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Grandma Dear


Happy Birthday to my Grandma...who is only the BEST grandma in the whole world! Today is the day that she graced the world with her presence and how thankful I am for that day. I have been so blessed to have her in my life. We have spent many hours together in my little life and when I was little I honestly thought that everyone was best friends with their moms and grandmas. I loved to sit and listen to my mom and grandma chat while eating tuna fish sandwiches and drinking diet coke. I loved sitting for HOURS while she tried to learn how to french braid my hair or tie it in rags. I loved going shopping with her and asking to hear stories about me, to which she kindly obliged. I loved daydreaming about my wedding, what colors I would use, what food we would eat, and what the groom would be like. I loved actually having the blessing of having her by my side as we did plan my wedding. I loved the countless hours of yard work and meeting her at the gym the summer I lived with her. I loved having her as my support when I was in labor and gave birth to my little Cade.
Grandma, I have been so blessed to have you in my life and thank you for all the love, support, and encouragemet you have given. We all love you grandma! Thank you for being my friend!

3 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

what a sweet post!

Alli said...

AMEN! I love you so much grandma! You are really the best grandma in the whole world!

Anonymous said...

Lacey you brought many tears to my eyes as I read what you had to say about me. You bring me great joy and happiness. I am such a lucky grandma to have you as my granddaughter and for all of the time and memories we share. Thanks for the wonderful birthday message. I love you.
GM