Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Nielson Family Vacation


Wow it has been a long time!! We have finally gotten back into the swing of things after our family vacation. I can finally see the bottom of the laundry basket, suit cases are back in the closet (only to come out again in 2 weeks) and the fridge has now been rescued from its pathetic empty state. So now I sit at the computer to share with you our trip to Southern California. We had a wonderful time with Jared's family and feel so lucky to have been able to see all of them. We rented a beach house that was about 3 miles from San Clemente beach that we filled to the brim with 13 adults and 14 kids.

Although we were gone for a whole week I do not have much to report because much of our time was spent relaxing on the beach. We all talked and talked, built sand castles, boggie boarded, some surfed, played smash ball, ate lots of snacks, and had many family competitions. Haha, I do not know many families that can find as much enjoyment and competition out of push-ups and wheel barrel races as we do. Cade did not like the beach as much as I thought that he would. He has become a very "cautious" boy or in other words, a scardy cat, and was afraid of the waves. I felt it was a major accomplishment that by the end of the week I could stand in the water while holding him. However he did love the sand and also the showers at the beach so even though he did not get in the ocean he still came home wet and sandy.

The one day we broke away from the beach we went to knots berry farm. I was a little nervous to take Cade because I didn't think he would like it too much but I think in the end he liked it more than anyone else. He LOVED "driving" the trucks that went around and around and spent most of the day doing so. It was so funny to watch him because he would keep one hand on the wheel but also hang out the window and wave to everyone that would look at him.
We had a great time and loved spending time with the family. If you are dying to see more pictures you can also look on my photo journal for the pictures from the week. We love you guys and hope to see you again soon!

5 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Lace, I've missed you! Looks like you had a great time. And the pictures on your photojournal are so stunning! Thanks for sharing. You are quite the woman.

Joyce said...

How Fun! The pictures from your trip are amazing. Especially the ones on your photojournal! You are becoming such a great photographer! Once we get settled here in AZ, we need to plan to get together soon. We miss you guys so much! Love Ya Guys!

Alli said...

It looks like you've had a fun time! I'm glad that you are back! I religiously looked at your blog everyday waiting for more pictures... then I realized you were on vacation... haha... silly me...

Tiffany said...

How I've missed you! I was wondering where the heck you were! Glad you're okay! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your vacay! Good to have you back!

{B}dreamy said...

How fun! I'm glad you're back, although I'm bummed that you were so close, yet so far away...

PS-You're HOT!