Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Big Thank You!


I just wanted to take a moment and thank Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat for entertaining my child this morning while I caught a quick nap, I am eternally indebted to you.
My poor little Cade has been fighting a cold for the past couple of days and therefore spent a restless night last night, as did I, as I was in and out of sleep on his floor until 4 a.m.
When I finally crawled into my nice cozy bed I was praying that for some miracle Cade would sleep in to a ridiculous time so that I could get a little bit of shut eye. However, 7:30 rolled around, about 40 minutes earlier than normal, and I had a 2-year-old in my face trying to whisper, "mooooooommmmmm" tap, tap, tap in the face, "mooooooooommmmmm." So needless to say I was a little on the grumpy side. We ate breakfast and I tried to shake off the sleepies but to no avail. So, we flipped on George and I attempted to rest on the couch as Cade jumped on and off of me for the first 10 minutes and then gave up on me and turned his attention to George and his adventures. So, for the first time in my 2+ years of being a mom I have never been more thankful for the 30 minutes that Curious George filled our home. Thanks PBS kids and thank you George!

3 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

I LOVE those two. Serious lifesavers in the past. Nowadays it's Pixar who are the heroes...

Nicki said...

Hey Lacie, This is Nicki Germane from good old Pleasant Springs and I just wanted to say "hi". I have been keeping tabs through joyce and your blog and thought it was about time I tell you how stinkin cute your family is!! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

"My little pony" use to be our diversion for you when you were 2. Thank heaven for technology!!!