Monday, July 21, 2008

"It's Always Fun When Grandpa Comes..."


We had the chance to have my dad come and visit! We had so much fun and Cade couldnt get enough of Papa and all his stories.

Every morning Cade woke up and snuggled with my dad on the couch to watch cartoons and a little sports center. I was impressed because Cade does NOT snuggle but he easily gave into my dad.

We also went to the temple and Cade had a blast jumping of the ledge and having my dad catch him. He would laugh and laugh and then ask to do it again.

I love the total happiness that is on both of their faces in this picture. They had so much fun together and it made me purely happy to see two people that I love so much love and find joy in each other. Thanks for coming Dad! We all had a blast with you and are so thankful to have you here to "talk some sense into us" ;) We love you!

Guess who is starting to exhort his independence even more than before! He insists on choosing his socks, shoes, and clothes every morning. I am slowly learning how to just smile and turn my head when he doesn't match or when he wants to wear his "soccer socks" and have one pulled up high and the other tucked low with his shorts. It is great! I am just waiting for the day that he wants to wear a cape or mickey mouse ears...you gotta love independence!



3 comments:

Kaydee said...

So cute! My kids absolutely love their grandparents, and I think it is so great to watch the interaction between them! I totally know where you are coming from with the independent dressing issue. Luke loves to get himself dressed and it is rarely ever a pretty picture. It is such a hard thing to let them make their own choices sometimes!

Grandma Vicki said...

lacey...when I looked at your dad catching Cade I thought it was Poppie. You are right they are a cute pair. How fun it must have been to have your dad there. Fun for him too. I love the picture of Beckham, I can't tell who he looks like. You are a good mom, your attitude about "I can do it myself" is awesome.
Love ya,
GM

Anonymous said...

Great Post Dolly!!!....in looking at the pictures it appears that I received a good dose of "grandson" but need a better dose of "sun shine"...love Dad