Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter

We had a great Easter. We started on Saturday afternoon by going to an Easter celebration that was held in our community. We were so excited to go and Cade couldn't stop talking about seeing the Easter bunny and how we needed to bring carrots for him. We showed up with a lot of excitement and then left when I drew the line at after standing in line for an hour for a balloon and only moving about 3 feet. In the end we opted to stop in at Panera for a cookie and head home for a nap. But I had to snap a picture just to prove that we attempted.


On Sunday morning I got ready as fast as I could so that I would have time to take some pictures of Cade in his Easter outfit. He was quite the comedian and kept trying to play peek-a-boo and pull faces...





But I finally got a face shot of a cute little giggle and his chipped tooth.

He was still being a goof ball when I got a shot of his outfit. He usually hates ties but for some reason this one was a winner and he couldn't wait to put it on.

His two favorite things in his Easter basket were his sunglasses that he wears EVERYWHERE and...

his magnifying glass which he also takes everywhere. He will hold it up and say, "wow, mom, you are a giant!"

Potty training update: Things are going.... well... good... bad.... and somewhere in between depending on the moment. I must admit that he is doing well and I do see hope in the future but I know that we still have a journey to travel. He is awesome at home but sometimes forgets what is going on when we leave and he starts playing. But I cannot complain, it has only been a week, and I can still leave the house as long as I keep and eagle eye on this little man and read his potty signs. So all in all sometimes potty training isn't that bad and others I want to just sit down, cry and accept the fact and he might just have to leave on his mission wearing diapers.

6 comments:

Alli said...

These are great pictures you have taken of Cade! I love the picture of his face between the trees! It's so dang cute!

I absolutely love the Easter outfit. He looks so cute! I love the shorts!

Maybe if Cade will help Ryan how to talk then Ryan can help Cade with the potty training thing on the mission. How's that for a trade-off??

Clarissa Meegan said...

He always has the cutest outfits!

Keep up the potty training work--one of these days it will be worth it---I promise!

Anonymous said...

Dolly....seeing Cade wearing short pants as part of his Sunday outfit started up my nervous tic again...it reminded me of how your Grandma used to dress me when I was Cades age... THAT WAS 45 YEARS AGO.... AND IF IT WERE UP TO YOUR GRANDMA...I'D STILL BE WEARING SHORT PANTS WITH MY SUITS AND SADDLE OXFORD SHOES WITH WHITE KNEE SOCKS...at least Cade was wearing thongs....I mean flip flops...

Love Dad

Daynes Family said...

Cade looks so handsome in his Easter outfit. I love his cute shorts. That's impressive Cade is almost potty trained. We still have a ways to go with Luke...I just don't have the patience right now for it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming last night! I wish I could just hire someone to do all the work and then I could enjoy the company. We'll have another bbq sometime before you have the baby and hopefully you can stay longer too! You're welcome for the dessert.

Anonymous said...

ikxbaxznYour pictures of your cute and beautiful boy are priceless. I am glad that the potty training is going so well. I love the comment from your sister, I sure did laugh. Your father is a nut case. I would had taken the short pants and knee sock off when he want to high school. He like to place guilt on me.
Love ya,
Gm