Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Small Update


Life has been a crazy whirl wind around here! It has finally warmed up which has been SO SO SO nice!! I honestly do not know how I used to endure so many months of winter when I lived in Utah and Rexburg. We have been loving the sunshine, shorts and sunglasses. Cade loves his sunglasses and takes them everywhere. It is too funny to watch him wear them because they are way too big so he has to walk around with his head tipped up so they do not fall off.

Cade has also become increasingly more independent and insists on doing everything himself and dressing is one of his favorites. I was totally laughing at him when he put his jammies on and had to waddle around because both legs ended up in the same pant leg. He didn't mind too much though because he was so proud of himself for accomplishing the task at hand.

We have been traveling all around the place and Utah has been one of the places we have hit. Last weekend we jetted up there for a blessing and a baptism. It was so much fun to see our little Sawyer again on his special blessing day. He is such a good baby and getting so big! We had a wonderful time with our family and just wish that we could have stayed longer!

We also got to meet our newest little nephew, Makay. He was born only a week ago and was such a sweet little cuddle bug. Jared couldn't get enough of him. I think that it made both of us just that more excited for our little guy to get here. And gave me hope that Cade can be nice and soft with a little baby.

I also had such a wonderful birthday. My cute hubby and some family took me out to eat at the melting pot and we had a fabulous time! It was so much fun to get all the cards, phone calls, emails, and birthday wishes. I am not one to ask for attention or want the spotlight but when I woke up this morning and realized my birthday was over for a whole year I must admit that I was a little sad. So thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special and made me excited for next March 3rd to come around!

10 comments:

Daynes Family said...

Love the picture of Cade in his sunglasses. I'm really going to miss the beautiful Las Vegas weather when we move to Michigan! Happy Birthday Lacey! Glad to hear it was a good one. We need to go out to lunch to celebrate. Also, we need to both celebrate having another boy!!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Happy Late Birthday Lace! I Miss you!

{B}dreamy said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit and a nice birthday. Question: did you take those baby pictures? They are gorgeous Lace. *B

Lacey said...

Well why thank you... yes I did. You are so sweet!

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

HI Lacey-
If you know kelsey then we are all good! I am glad you like to look at my blog. I made it private so if you wanna keep looking email me at ashleighhansen44@hotmail.com.

We are now blog pals!

Camille said...

Happy Late Birthday! Glad you had a good one! Also, lots of great pictures, you are awesome! Oh, and any luck looking for Moses basket stuff yet?

*kAy*:) said...

Hey lacey,
Just droppen by to say hi, and to see what's up with yall. congrats on ur soon to be baby boy!! wow that's crazy that you are going to have another baby boy but it will be fun. well if you want to you can check out my website at www.kkandfamily.blogspot.com and my mom's at www.thelifeandtimesofmaggiebrooks1.blogspot.com.
well take care and tell everyone hello for me. miss ya and luv ya.
luv kk

Alli said...

Oh my gosh... Cade cracks me up! I love him to pieces! I want to come out and see you again! Hmmm... when could I? I miss you!

Oh... do they really spell his name Makay? Or is it McKay? Makay says everyone always spells his name wrong... so yeah, just curious...

Melissa said...

I love my Cado. That picture with the sunglasses is so Cade. What a cool kid my nephew is.

Heather Elmer said...

I have been typing in old friends names, and I found your and Jared's page... You may think this is crazy that I am sending you a message...but we are all grown ups now and I hope it's okay??... I really just wanted to send a little note to say your family is soo cute! Your little boy Cade is darling and I'm so happy for you guys..
tell Jared I said Hello, and I'm really happy for him.
p.s. you are such a cute-hot pregnant girl! I only hope that when I get pregnant (no kids yet) that I look as good as you :)
wish you guys the best!