Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dilemma of the Moment


So I have somewhat of a dilemma on my hands. I have decided that now is the time to break down and buy a bunk bed for my soon to be 2 boys. I was going to just buy Cade a twin bed but then decided that since I know that I am going to have 2 boys that will one day share a room that I mine as well just spring for the bunk bed now and not buy a bed twice. So, long explanation for a simple issue, I am faced with finding a bunk bed that I like. Well, the dilemma is that I have searched and searched and searched and haven't found too many that I like that are not ridiculously expensive. I want a nice one that will last and that is wood but don't want to pay premium dollar for it. So, my question is... do you have any thoughts on where to look? I hear about people getting good deals on furniture all the time but where do I start? Have you seen any that are cute? Anyway, ready, set go....shoot out all those clever ideas that I know you have...I would love to hear all of them because I need to get my little guy in a big bed ASAP!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know my sister and brother in law got a good deal on bunk beds from RC Willey. With so many furniture store going out of business and others trying to get your business, go in and demand a deal. They want the business.

Nana Maggie said...

This is Kayla Steggell's mom Maggie. I was reading your blog and saw that you are in need of a bunk bed for your two sons. Have you looked at IKEA? They are located right off of the Interstate as you are going into South Salt Lake. They are really reasonable and I think they have some really cute designs. Hope you have luck in finding what you are looking for.

Alli said...

Hmmm... pretty good question. I agree with Nana Maggie... IKEA is the way to go. They have really nice furniture for reasonable prices.

Something to think about: you almost have to treat furniture how mom treats cereal... You buy something good, but if gets a little damaged it's no big deal. I have a feeling that Jared's boys are going to be the wrestling type.... just a guess...

Camille said...

Umm, I just want the ones you posted in the picture! Too bad my price range is probably a tenth of what they cost... keep me posted, because I'm on the lookout for bunk beds too! BTW, sorry I haven't emailed you back yet, I get behind on my emails so fast these days... but sometime this next week, lets get together and sew!

Anonymous said...

Lacey, Remember that Josh and I have a direct buy membership. I will look for you and tell you what I find. Are you looking for black or brown? Let me know.

Julie T. said...

Lacey-
Chris told me that he ran into you and your husband at the gym the other day. We would love to get together. . . and I would love to meet you! Good luck with the bunk beds!!
Julie Tandy

CCmomma said...

Quality First, do get lasting furniture and do demand a deal- Fiona is right and so is Maggie, Ikea has fun stuff but it's not really my style. Try looking other sites for solid wood bunk beds_ i like the direct buy idea! Hook it up Shannon, you stinker!
~Corrine

Anonymous said...

Hi My name is Janae and I'm not sure how I ran across your blog, but I work at a little kids boutique in St. george and we can order that exact one in your picture. I am not positive on the cost but it is from Vaughan Bassett. You can see on vaughan-bassett.com If you are interested I can get you a price or you could see if places in your area carry them. Good Luck