Monday, January 7, 2008

Magical...

The time has come to sit down and relive our trip to Disney. We had such a fun time going to "Mickeys house" as Cade called it. It was just so magical. Disneyland is always fun and magic filled however I must say that there is nothing like it during Christmas time. We had somewhat of a difficult time starting out with delayed flights and a little airport confusion but once we pulled up to the hotel all the stress and confusion was replaced with childhood excitement, mostly from me!

Cade was great on the airplane and slept most of the way. He was so excited to go on a "Giant airplane!" and would point out all of them that he saw.

Our first destination once we reached the park was Mickeys house. Cade has been so into mickey and friends lately that I was so excited to introduce them. We waited for the guest of honor for about an hour which in reality was very very quick considering the shortest line I saw for "Small World" was 3 hours. The park was magical but VERY busy. Cade loved to see Mickey, despite how he looks in the picture, and only referred to him as Mick for the rest of the trip. Side note: I am only posting this picture because it was a highlight or it would be filed away under "chubby prego pictures NEVER to be seen."

Within about 10 minutes of being in the park Cade found the only spot in the whole park I did not want him...in the water. It was a very cold day but he didn't seem to mind and was not only trying to drink it but run through and jump over it too.



We had to stop for a treat of their famous rice crispy treats that are loved by my mom and grandma. They are huge and I think that Cade and I polished almost all of it by ourselves, hence the chubby cheeks I suppose. It was yummy but I must admit that my mom makes them better than the mouse.

Cade insisted on driving all of the cars though out the park. He loved them and spent hours saying, "beep, beep, excuse me!" Although he is wearing the same sweatshirt they are different days. I didn't come as prepared as I should have been for the cold and we all spent the whole trip in the same sweatshirts and hoodies.

We went on Buzz Lightyear ride originally thinking that Cade would love shooting the guns. He talked about shooting the gun for the whole hour we were in line but once we entered the ride Jared and I took over the shooting and Cade hid in Jareds chest only to leave the ride and ask to do it again.

On Sunday we were able to drive to the San Diego temple and spend some time on the grounds. It was so beautiful and fun that their nativity was still up. Cade loved to look at the baby Jesus and says, "oh, he's Cute!!"

When we had to leave Cade was so sad and kept saying, "Bye angel Moroni, Byyyyyeeeee."


We stopped at a little sea food place on Newport Beach called the Crab Shack. It was so yummy and I am not one for sea food but we all loved the grub! We were also able to spend a little time on the beach. Cade chased the birds and Jared and I just sat back and smiled at his pure innocence. It was one of those moments that you sit back, look at your life, and say "I am completely content and fulfilled with my life."
We also met the bubble man on the beach. He was making huge bubbles and letting Cade chase them down and pop them. It was such a joy and I don't know who had more fun with the bubbles, Cade or Jared.

My camera died on our last morning in Disney so I did not get many pictures. I think that the highlight of our last day was that Cade got to meet Lightening Mcqueen and Mater. He was so excited and was totally in heaven.

We had such a wonderful time and feel so blessed to have had this amazing opportunity. The grounds were decorated, the castle was covered in snow and the music was filled with the Christmas spirit. The firework show was AMAZING! I am usually not one to love fireworks but it was honestly touching, I had tears! It talks about the Christmas spirit and then has snow at the end. So there I was, tears running down my cheeks, standing in the Disneyland snow, and completely filled with the magic of Disney and the spirit of Christmas, it was wonderful. So the only way I know how to describe our trip is Magical... It was magical to share something I love with my little one. It was magical for my marriage and relationship with Jared. It was magical in the way that I felt like a little girl again. It was magical that we could just completely and purely enjoy one another and find fulfillment in our journey. It was just magical! Thanks again Jason and Melissa, this was more than we ever knew we needed!

13 comments:

Tiffany said...

my fave pics= 1. you and cade eating the rice krispee treat when you're looking at the camera and he's watching you with his big eyes... so cute! 2. cade and jared on the beach- love it! i have a huge crush on cade. he's a hunk!

Camille said...

I've been on the fence about taking the kids to Disneyland for a while now, but after seeing your pictures, I want to go tomorrow! It looks like you had so much fun! As far as the chubby pregnant pics- WHATEVER!! You look awesome! Where do you find all your cute clothes?? I have another week or two to put behind me, and then we really should hang out. What do you say?

Clarissa Meegan said...

This does sound so magical! It seriously does want me to pick up Gracie and take her tomorrow as well! Glad you had such a good time. And about the chubby cheeks...I have no clue what you are talking about--because I see no traces of them.

sillyhaywardfamily said...

lacey It looks like you had the time of your lives !!! I can just picture cade saying, "beep , beep , excuse me "!! That 's too funny!!!

Ashley said...

Oh I am SO jealous that you got to go. It looks like you guys had an awesome time. liv would just die if she got to see Lightening McQueen and Mater. And no fair that you and Camille are going to hang out! I want to come!

The Probert Family said...

why did i start getting tears in my eyes when i read the last paragraph?? Nerd Alert!! I guess I just love you and love to read your sweet thoughts. Sounds like so much fun to get to watch your child in such a magical place.

{B}dreamy said...

I don't know what you're talking about (chubbiness?)! All I see are some great photos and a dang cute mama! Wish we could have met up at Disney... one of these days!

Daynes Family said...

What fun pictures. Luke still talks about "nicky mouses house." We need to take him back again soon!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time you had. It reminded me of when Poppie and I took you and Alli to Disneyland. We saw it through your eyes, it was one of the highlights of our lives. Glad you had a rice crispy treat.
Love ya...GM

michellecluff said...

If you are chubby in that picture, I am definitely OBESE! I think you look great!! So glad you had fun, it sounds like such a great trip!!!

CCmomma said...

So cute! I am glad i found your blog and enough with the "chubby comments" you look skinnier than most people not pregnant , so quit being so hard on your self. silly lady! See you around the hood. ~Corrine

Anonymous said...

Dolly....great post....don't worry about the pregnant look...the last time I was at Disney World I had the same look....come to think of it I still do....loved the beach pictures....and the timing on the bubble picture was perfect!!

Sarah Larsen said...

hi I was blog hoping...I am an old friend of Melissa's from Michigan...does she have a blog??