Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cleaver Little Boy!


On Sunday we were on our way home from Jareds brothers house. We had to leave before the cookies were baked and so Melissa sent us home with some cookie dough to cook at our house. Cade wanted to hold it and I told him that he could if he kept the bag closed. He promised and quickly stopped talking about the dough. Half way home I looked at Jared and said, "Is he eating that cookie dough?" Jared looked into the back seat and assured me that the bag was still closed. We continued talking and I again said, "I swear he is eating something," but was once again assured that the bag was still securely closed. Once we pulled into our house Jared hopped out of the car to get Cade and immediately burst into laughter. "Cleaver," I heard him say, "cleaver!" I peeked in to see that Cade had poked a hole in the middle of the bag and snitched some dough out. I have to hand it to him. He knew he wasn't supposed to open to bag so he found an alternative that followed what I told him to do and also satisfied what he wanted to do.
This past weekend we were back out at the baseball diamond for some good old fashion fun. Chandler, my nephew, has started up baseball again and we had so much fun. The kids love running around in the open air and playing with each other. They climbed trees, rode scooters, hit baseballs and just laughed together. It was so much fun to watch them fully enjoy one another. We are still working on the "sharing" concept with Cade. Does that ever really happen? Do they ever learn to willingly share, even when it is not their own toy!
I must say that my little niece Amelia stole the show though. Her little pigtails and peaty coat made me secretly wish that there was a little girl on her way to our home. It is such a joy to have so many fun cousins around for Cade to play with!




9 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

That seriously cracks me up about Cade's cookie dough sneaking. That is rather clever.

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Cade is one smart cookie!!! And amelia looks so stinkin cute it's killin me!!!

Alli said...

He is so dang smart! I love it! Amelia looks so cute in that coat! I want one for me!

Camille said...

What a smart little guy! You're going to have to watch out when he's older! :-)

TheTandyFamily said...

Lacey,
You don't know me but I was good friends with your hubby in high school. Please tell him hello for me. You can see our family at:

www.thetandys.blogspot.com

Josh Tandy

{B}dreamy said...

What a smarty pants! Maybe it's a good thing we're not neighbors, because between our boys, we'd be in a heap of trouble! ;)

Tiffany said...

wow. i'm impressed that he listened (or at least what he thought was listening)! you gotta give him that too!

Anonymous said...

yxwscHe takes after his grandpa, you know that is genetic. His grandpa was a pro at that. In fact he still is. He will only get better and craftier, you will need to watch him.
Love ya...
GM

Anonymous said...

Lacey...I didn't know you even had a blog. I saw a link to it on Corrine's page and I said to myself, "hey! I know a Jared and Lacey." I hope it's okay to add you to my page. How is everything going? We need to do a dinner again sometime like we did with Teil and Todd. That was fun!