Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Family Vacation


We are back! This summer has been full of adventures and vacations and now I finally have a minute to sit down and recap. We headed to Salt Lake on Saturday, July 7 at 5 a.m. We had the opportunity of flying with a "buddy pass" which made traveling cheaper but a little more nerve racking because we were stand-by and not guaranteed a seat. Luckily we made it without too much trouble and were blessed with a little one that was very patient. We then got up early Sunday morning and drove up to our cabin in Jackson hole, Wyoming. Once again we were so lucky to have a little one that was so patient.

Four Generations


We relaxed, ate, played games and had a wonderful time at the cabin. The boys went white water rafting down the sake and the girls and Cade went shopping in Jackson. Jared tried everything he could think of to try and take Cade down the river with him but to no avail, it was really endearing to watch his mind try and find a way though.

Cade had a blast, then again, how can you not when all the attention is directed toward you. It helps to be the only grandchild at times. He ran and ran and ran until he crashed. I loved to watch him and knew that he had had a good day when he came in covered in dirt, sticky watermelon, drops of diet coke and licorice, and only wearing a diaper. Life just doesn't get better.

He also LOVED the hose. He watered the grass, the flowers, the trees, himself, and anyone else that was within 20 feet. He was so mesmerized by how it worked and couldn't quite understand why he got a face full of water when he looked inside.

Another cabin pastime is motorcycles. I grew up loving to ride the motorcycles and looked forward to it every time we went to the cabin. So it was such a nostalgic moment when my dad brought them out and Cade crawled on. He had a wonderful time riding with Jared and Papa and I had a good time reliving my childhood as well.
On Wednesday night we packed up and headed down to Park City where my moms side of the family was having our Chrisitansen family reunion. We had a great time staying at the Marriott with all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. We went hiking, swimming, and boating. We ate and talked, ate and talked, and ate and talked. It was beautiful in Park City and the shopping wasn't bad either. We had a blast on the boat with the tube, water skis and wake boards. I was rather proud of myself, I stepped way out of my comfort zone and decided to give wake boarding a shot. And much to my surprise and I think everyone else's as well, I got right up my first time. I was so excited and had such a good time. Pictures of that monuments even will come later.

Cade loved to share with his Uma (that is what he calls my mom) and he loved when Uma shared with him. He would share his half eaten cookie and then ask for a taste of "Umas Juice" or Diet Coke. He was a happy little camper with a tummy full of junk food.


On Friday we all got dressed up and had family pictures taken. It was a little crazy because it was at 7 pm and Cade was nearing bed time but I am glad we did it. We all wore Sunday best black and white. I put Cade in a little tux and he looked too dang cute despite the fact I couldn't keep him all tucked in. My little brother Ryan also looked dang handsome. He is such a cute kid and is such a tender soul. I couldn't help sharing, and yes he is holding my purse and camera bag, he is such a help. A few people were giving him a hard time for holding a purse but he didn't care he just kept a hold of it because he said he would. What a doll.
All in all the vacation went well. We were planning on flying out on Sunday but were bumped off the flight, once again the buddy pass thing. So, since Jared had to be back for work we rented a car and drove back Sunday night. We had a wonderful time with all of our family and feel so blessed to have them! We love you and thanks for everything!

6 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

Ah, buddy passes... it's a love-hate relationship for sure! I remember, when before I was married, we would go to Jackson Hole every summer. Now I'm excluded from that trip, which is so sad.

I haven't been white water rafting in years! If I wasn't a wife and/or mother, I would be a raft guide; buff, tan, unshaven and all! I guess maybe it is a good thing I got hitched and preggo, HA!

Glad you had such a fun time with family. Reunions are the best!

Grandma Vicki said...

I love the pictures Ryan is so handsome in his suit he even makes me swoon. Cade and his tux are adorable. I love your memories of the cabin, thanks Lacey for your blog. I love you all and had a great time being with you,Jared and Cade.
Love,
GM

Grandma Vicki said...

Thie pictrues of Cade and the fence need to be entered into a contest they are excellent. He is so sweet.
GM

Alli said...

I love this entry. Thanks for taking so many pictures... you make up for all those slackers who didn't take any... I didn't take one. How sad am I?!

Joyce said...

You guys have had such a great summer! I love all the pictures!

Your family cabin is so much fun! I remember when we went like 2 years ago! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures....I especially like the ones of Cade behind the fence. Taking him (i.e. Cade) for his first "cyco" ride was one of my vacation highlights.

I'll get your wake boarding pictures posted to the family website this weekend!!!