Monday, April 6, 2009

Just going to Jump



When I was little I loved to jump into my dads big strong arms because I always knew he would catch me. I would climb to the highest rock, ledge, or stair and just jump towards his outstretched arms never thinking twice. I was never worried, I never doubted, I just jumped and enjoyed the ride.

I have spent a lot of time thinking about, changing my mind about, toying with, hesitating about, being excited about and having the unquenchable desire to start my own photography business. Sometimes I think that I can do it.... others I wonder what I was even thinking. But right now I am taking a page from my childhood book and am just going to jump.

So, with that being said I am still in need of some practice. So what I have decided to do is offer 3 free sessions just to get my feet under me and get use to photographing people other than my 2, usually unwilling, children. So if you live in the Las Vegas/Henderson area and want family, birthday, senior, children, anything pictures taken let me know. I am offering three 1-hour-ish sessions at an outdoor location of your choice and a CD with 10-15 edited photos for you to use as you would like. It is on a first come first serve basis so leave me a comment with your email address or email me at laceyannenielson@hotmail[dot]com.

So, here we go. Wish me luck because I have climbed as high as I can and am just going to close my eyes, jump, and enjoy the ride.

*side note: those of you I have already talked to about pictures, your offer still stands. :)

15 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Lace,

Good for you for going for it! You will be a great photographer. I know a girl that offers a class on how to start your own photography business. She is an incredible photographer and seems to be doing quite well with her own business. Here is the site if you are interested: http://studiockcapturelifeworkshops.blogspot.com/

Clarissa Meegan said...

Make sure to check out her photography blog link on the left!

Elyse said...

lacey, i totally wish that i lived out there because i would so LOVE for you to take pictures of my little one. i alway love LOve LOVE looking at the pictures you take of your precious boys. unforuntely i don't but i am excited that you decided to take that leap of faith! you will do awesome...you and your family always succeed well in everything!
although it probably will be stressful at times just remember: find joy in the journey-President Monson.
good luck :)

Camille said...

YEAH! so excited for you! You'll do GREAT, I'm sure of it. I'll take you up on the photography offer in a heartbeat, we are more than happy to be practice. Just give me a ring, and we'll set it up! Its been too long, thats for sure.

The Probert Family said...

I'm so excited for you! I am DYING that I don't live closer because I have loved your photography style and wish we could get some family photos taken. I'm glad you're taking the jump. What's the worst that can happen?? I'm proud of you and know that you'll find confidence as you keep moving forward.

We have cousins in the area who I'm sure would dig this so I'm going to send them your info.

The Mrs. said...

I am sad that Vegas is not as close to Reno as people think.

I love your talents, and I hope you share some of your practice sessions...

I can just feel in my veins how much you want this, and you deserve it.

Jamee

Ashley said...

You go GIRL! I think you should totally do it! You are an amazing photog good for you for taking the leap!

Burnett Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Summerhays Crew said...

Um, I always like pictures of Kate! I was thinking it would be cute to do a picture of Kate and I for Father's Day and give it to Cory...let me know!

Alli said...

Yay for my sister! You are going to be so amazing, Lace! You already are. Seriously! I love you and good luck!

Kristie said...

K I REALLY want you to take some of my girls! Poor Taylor has only had one professional session. Let me know if I'm one of the lucky ones:)

Leah said...

I see that I am too late, but we really want you to take our families picture.

Anonymous said...

There isn't anything my Baby Girl can't do when she puts her mind too it.....look out world here comes my Baby Girl!!!!

Love Dad

Shannan said...

I am so proud of you. It may be hard at first, but you are going to do great. Way to go hun and good luck.

Porters said...

Lacey, I always check out your blog whenever I visit your sisters and just love the pics you take. Good luck with this new adventure, you have a good eye and I love what you have done. I also love reading what you post, you always give us moms something uplifting to think about. Thanks for being so amazing!