Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yea, He Made it to Our House too


Cade was really excited to see that the Easter bunny had found our house. He was a bit concerned that Beckams basket appeared to be larger in size than his was. For the first little bit he had decided to claim Beckams basket as his own and just accept the fact that he would be getting baby toys and sippy cups. However, upon further inspection of his he realized that he had a baseball mitt and candy... he quickly changed his mind.

The search was on... we climbed steps to find eggs...

We found mommy eggs....
and chocolate eggs....


We let daddy hold all the eggs and made sure we counted them over, and over, and over again.
And Beckam was content just playing with, eating, and slobbering all over the plastic sports eggs.... after Cade made sure they were empty.

We had a fantastic Easter despite the burnt to a crisp roast, under cooked peas and exploded dessert... good thing Easter isn't all about food or I would have ruined it for sure this year. How thankful I am for the opportunity to experience a beautiful Easter day with my little family and have the chance to teach my boys about how lucky we are to have a Savior who loves us so much. It is a little tricky to try and teach a 3-year-old that Jesus died for us and was resurrected but in the end it was a beautiful experience to watch the light brighten in Cades eyes as he said, "mommy, Jesus died because he loves me and I get to live with him again if I am obedient."
How thankful I am for my Savior and His example and love.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Cades face is the best! Sorry about your dinner! I'm sure nobody even cared, but it stinks to do all the prep and then it not turn out the way you wanted!

Ellison's said...

Lacey, you seriously are so good at taking pictures. I love taking them but don't have the talent you do!!! Keep at it. I wish I lived in Vegas so I can have you take our pictures!!! Its Heather by the way!

The Probert Family said...

Oh my word...Beckam is so precious in those last two pictures. He so looks like your son...and actually looks a lot like his big bro, too. What cute boys you have.

Grandma Vicki said...

Gald you had a good Easter, I love the pictures of the boys. Beckham pictrues are so sweet he look so much like you. What beautiful boys you have. Cade's expressions say so much, you can read his little mind. Love ya!