Monday, April 28, 2008

Drum Roll Please...

So in its debut here is the aforementioned bunk bed. I should have taken a before picture but was so ready to get started that I didn't think about it and the bed was never really assembled until after it was painted. Here is a really really small picture of what it looked like before. For some reason the website will only give me a tiny one.


And here is the bed after more work that you would EVER think went into it. I know it isn't as cute as the picture that I posted a few entries ago but although it was lots of work it was WAY cheaper and will do for a few years until I find something I really love. I still have more work to do to get it to where I want it to be but for now I am taking a little break. You cant tell in the picture but some of the corners are sanded to make it look a little more worn and to hide some "love" that I am sure will be added with 2 boys.

This is Cades favorite part...the ladder. He goes up and down about a billion times a day. He loves to take his toys up top and play. Here he is playing hungry hungry hippo.

I still need to get the down comforters, make the duvets and get some baskets to go under the bed to fill with toys. I think that I am going to get black baskets with lime green liners just to add a little more color to the room. I am still on a search for the right material/sheets to make the duvets out of so if anyone comes across something cute let me know.

Jared couldn't resist taking a picture of him sleeping in his new "big boy bunk bed." I think we were both amazed at how little yet grown up he looked in his bed. Our next project...keeping him IN the bed and not gracing us with his presence in the middle of the night. Oh the joys of being a parent. If anyone has any fabulous ideas on how to accomplish that one I am all ears!

11 comments:

michellecluff said...

Isn't it crazy how something seems so simple yet requires so much more than what you EVER thought possible? It's perfect! I love it!!!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Wow Lace! This looks so great! And what a cute room!

Durham said...

The bed looks great! Nice work. Good luck on keeping him in the bed. Just keep trying!

{B}dreamy said...

It looks great Lace! I especially like the little distressing you did to it. Very classy looking. And I hear bribes work for almost anything (not necessarily with our child, but you never know!). Good luck! *B

Tiffany said...

Darling, darling, darling! I seriously love it ... SO cute! The best part is that you made it that way yourself! There is something so satisfying and completely rewarding about doing a project on your own and loving the outcome! So much better than buying something! I love it, well done girl!

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talents. The bunk beds look terific. I love how they look and just think you did it your lone. Cade-o looks so cute climbing and sleeping. We need another picture of your tummy.
Love ya

Kelsey Ann said...

Lacey I LOVE it! Cade's room looks adorable and I think lime green liners would look great! And you are right, he looks so grown up in his big boy bed. I honestly can't believe how fast they grow, everyone told me but I think it went in one ear and out the next.

Julie T. said...

Lacey-

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you- I just read your comment on our blog about getting together! We would love to go do something with your family- email me at jtandy1@cox.net and we can figure it out!
Oh ya. . . the bunk bed looks awesome! You did a really good job!

Anonymous said...

Nice work!

Camille said...

Well, your hard work paid off- it looks AMAZING!! I am in complete bunk-bed envy! What a darling room!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

It turned out so cute!!! Good job!!!