Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Better Late than Never...

Welcome to my very overdue post of what happened last weekend. I have been feeling very much under the weather and so have spent much of my time doing anything I could that would entertain Cade but didn't require me to move, thus the delay in posting. We had such a great Conference weekend and had so much fun together as a family. On Saturday, between sessions, we drove to an orchard that is about 30 minutes from here and let Cade, really Jared, go to town picking pumpkins and watermelons.
Most of the big pumpkins were gone so we had to settle for either small little ones or big green ones, so we got a mixture of both. We had a great time searching through all of the rows of pumpkin plants to find just the right "punkin," as Cade would say.

They also had tons of apples, pears, zucchini, eggplant, peaches, ect. Since it was so late in the season they only had a few apples left so we combed the trees to find a few. Cade was so proud of himself for finding one, on the ground, and immediately enjoyed the fruits of his labors.

We returned home with a bag full of apples, 2 watermelons, 5 pumpkins, a gallon of apple cider, and a couple corn stalk. I have been in major "Martha Stewart" mode as of late and decided to decorate a little for the season so as soon as we made it home I headed out to the porch to add a few touches to our loot. So there you have it, a little bit of festivity does flow through my veins despite the lack of "Halloween love" I grew up with. (Love ya mom!)

We took a walk on Sunday afternoon between sessions despite my constant nose blowing and black lung cough. It was beautiful outside and was nice to be in the sun. Cade was excited to be outside too but all he wanted to do was swing on a railing and play with bugs, the simple things of life!
All in all, we had a wonderful weekend being together as a family, listening to conference and setting out on a few small adventures.

8 comments:

Alli said...

How fun is that?! I wish I could have been there. I want to go to an orchard! Lucky! I'm glad that Cade could enjoy the "fruits of his labors." That was hilarious.

Alli said...

PS: I always wondered why I didn't like Halloween. Man, dad with mushrooms and mom with holidays... what's the deal.

alliehoopes said...

I so enjoyed looking at all your beautiful pictures. Perfect fall day.

Clarissa Meegan said...

I'm sorry that you have been sick. Looks like you made the best of the weekend, and with such great pictures!!! And you seriously are Martha! Now I know how to arrange my pumpkins and cornstalk thanks to your post!

Anonymous said...

What's Halloween....I seem to remember something about it from my childhood when my mother tried to dress me up as a clown....but since then I don't recall ever hearing anything about this "supposed holiday celebration"

acte gratuit said...

Very nice fall decor! I like it!

Mrs. Dub said...

wow! i'm really digging on the different gourd colors. very festive, but not hoaky!

Grandma Vicki said...

I love your decor, it looks very festive. You did have a fun Halloween with grandma and poppie carving pumpkins. I would love to do it with the C-Baby.
Have a Happy Halloween on me.
Love ya.
GM