Sunday, October 17, 2010

::Gasp::

I know... can you believe it! A post. Major accomplishment, I tell ya!
So much has happened that I figured I should quickly put at least some of it down before the little bambina gets here.
6-web
These two cute munckins started preschool. I went back and forth with the decision of sending Cade to kindergarten or another year of preschool and I am SO glad we opted for one last year of preschool. He has grown and progressed so well and I am so proud of him!
Cade and his cousin Amelia are almost exactly one year apart and are either the best of friends or the worst of enemies. I was a little nervous to see how it would play out with them being in the same class but I must say I couldn't be any more happy. They love having each other and I love that they will for the rest of their school careers.
5-web
This little man also celebrated his 5th birthday (2 months ago, ::blush::). He was so excited for his birthday and still asks when it is his birthday again. He was once again so excited for candles so we started the morning off with panCAKES and candles. He felt special and was sweet about his overflowing excitement.
3-web
We also went to the firehouse to have a "party" for him. We see the firemen at the gym every morning and Cade thinks they are so cool so I figured the firehouse would be the perfect place to celebrate his special day. The firefighters were so good to the kids and the kids hung on every word they said. {Thank you firemen for making seat belts no longer a battle every time we get in the car}
The guys even let Jared put on all of their gear. He felt like hot stuff. Becks on the other hand wasn't too sure what to think about it all so he stood back and just watched and listened to his daddy sound like Darth Vader.
1-web 1-web
And yes... I was there too :)
4-web

I know that I have been MIA lately and honestly cannot promise I will do much better in the coming weeks... I will try though.

Although the posts have been sparse, I have not been MIA from my busy life.

I had the amazing opportunity to venture out out to Ohio to spend some time with some amazing families. I am so blessed to have "family" all over the place.
It was strangely difficult to go back to Ohio, alone.
To have my parents gone.
Nobody at the airport to pick me up.
My bedroom no longer my bedroom.
My house no longer my house.
It was all strange and incredibly emotional. However, a necessary experience.
How thankful, though, I am for those sweet angels in my life that extended their love, homes, and family and allowed me to pull it together again.

13-web

15-web

4-web

1-web
It was such a joy to see everyone again and look forward to heading back east again. Love you all!

I also decided, as if I don't already have my hands full, to tap into my crafty side. My sister and I got together and decided that we needed to "make something." After multiple trips to the fabric store we came up with lots of fun flowers/bows. We started off with multiple sizes and I have recently ventured into making teeny tiny ones for the little bub (not pictured)... they are so cute and I cannot wait to get them on her!

7 1 5
Alli and I will soon be opening an etsy shop and I will also be hosting a Christmas Boutique in a few weeks with lots of fun venders and items just in time to get rocking on Christmas shopping. So if you would like to participate or if you are dying over the flowers (not going to lie, love wearing them in my hair, on my shirt, and also my shoes. Can you tell I am so getting into the girl vibe!) let me know. We would love to have you all!

So, there you have it.
No wise advice.
No motherly insights.
No jokes.
No tears.
Just busy.
Busy but good.

Cant wait for this little girl to make her way here. She is getting bigger and bigger and I keep praying she will finish cooking a little early. We are ready to snuggle her!

So until next time (keeping my fingers crossed next time is less than a month away), Happy Harvest!

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Are you the cutest pregnant woman or what??

I love seeing your beautiful pics...you are amazing!!

Jamee
xoxo

Alli said...

Those pictures were ahhhwessommeee! I loved them. And, freak, Lace, those flowers are adorable! You are way too talented to be my sister. I'm going to put them up in the shop tomorrow. {remind me if I forget}.

Also... you might have some extra people at your house for Christmas... :)

{B}dreamy said...

Oh cuteness! Send one (or 10) my way please ;) Also, is it true you have a real-live house? Seriously missy, please come back. I need you in my life. *B

mehtab said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hearing aids said...

nice one i enjoyed this post thanks