Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sugar Rush

Although Valentines day passed over a week a go I am pretty sure my boys are just now coming off of their sugar high. The Valentine celebrations began with making sugar cookies.... lots of them. Cade decided that he wanted to take pink, frosted sugar cookies to hand out as his valentines this year. I was really excited about it because it has been forever since I have made sugar cookies... chocolate chip I could make with my eyes closed but sugar cookies... that is a whole different world. The first batch I made was a bust so I tossed them out and pulled out my guaranteed sugar cookie recipe... my moms.

Cade was so excited to see them all frosted and with the kids names on them. He went to town with the "sprinklers" as he calls them and proudly took them to school.


Once he made it home from school and tore through his valentines and Becakm tore up Cades valentine bag, Cade excitedly went to town decorating his own cookie.

He had so much fun and caked the frosting on... thus the beginning of the never ending sugar high.
Beckam loved his cookie too and would not let go of it until every last crumb, of his and Cades, was gone.

We had fun family valentine activities all weekend. I made strawberry banana french toast and eggs for breakfast, we made valentines for each other, we all snuggled in bed, the boys got me cards, Jared took me out of a fantastic dinner, we had a fantastic time and enjoyed LOTS of candy and valentine treats.

And of course the valentine bakugans joined us where ever we went.
I am pretty sure that neither of the boys know exactly how they work or what they really do but both of them can be found with at least one of them in their possession at any given time.
We had a great Valentine holiday and I am thankful that I got to spend it with the 3 most important men in my life, even if it did include lots and lots of sugar.
I love you guys.

Now I am off to think about Easter baskets...
is there ever a holiday that doesn't require way too many treats...
I guess it wouldn't be a holiday if it didn't... right?

4 comments:

Alli said...

I totally love these sugar cookies! I have to go and make some right now! You are such a super mom. I bet Cade's class loved these!

The Mrs. said...

Yes, I knew you would be the mom who put me to shame this year. I bought store bought ones LAST year for a buck and then didn't even put names on them and sent Olivia out the door in a rush with the valentines in a Walmart bag.

Love you.
Jamee
xoxo

Grandma Vicki said...

What a fun, fun mom you are, I am proud of you. I can't beleive how grown up the boys look. You don't have babies anymore. SAD,SAD,SAD.
Love you all......

sillyhaywardfamily said...

soo cute!! I loved homeade valetine the best(even when I was little) I wish I could do that, but stupid school rules say you can't bring anything homeade store bought only!! :( Glad you had a fun valentines!!!!