Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Q&A... but mostly Q's


Growing up mom always had all the answers...
-What are we having for dinner.... spaghetti.
-Where is my white shirt.... in the laundry.
-Do I really have to go to school today... absolutely.
-Why am I having such a bad day... check your attitude.
-What can we do this weekend... babysit.
-I need a job.... check out Cracker Barrel... (yes, I did get a job there. Ugh!)
-How do I do this math problem... go ask dad.
-I really don't want to study.... lets make a game out of it. (One of the most hilarious and fun studying experiences ever)

All of the questions, dilemmas, quandaries, and difficulties of youth she always had an answer or solution for. I guess I kind of figured that it came with the territory however, now as a mom I often find myself with only having an "I don't know" answer.

-Last time I checked I lived in the desert, so why is it SO humid... I have no idea.
-What is for dinner... Dinner? I have to make dinner again... wasn't last night enough?
-Mom, where are my shoes.... I don't know, where did you take them off?
-Where in the world is Beckams binki... No clue.
-How do all of these couples take vacations together? How do they find the money, time, and babysitters to go.... tried to figure that one our many times and still... I DON'T know!
-Why do you take your kids out to a "fun" breakfast at IHOP only to hear them cry about not being able to go to Mcdonalds... seriously, no idea! (yes, that DID happen this morning)
-How is it that your kids can drive you crazy and make you laugh all at the same time... not sure, but good thing for them... and me.
-How do you fit a growing family in a 2 bedroom condo... hmmm, tricky, but supposedly others have done it.
-How exactly do you entertain little boys in 110 degree weather.... running out of ideas... and money!
-Why is it that I only end up in pictures without makeup on... once again, don't know.

So, in the end I guess I have come to accept the fact that even as a mom I don't even come close to having all the answers. Apparently mom mom didn't either, but she sure faked it well. I guess that is the beauty of kids being young... they don't know that you are clueless.

What are you clueless about... hopefully I am not the only one!
And any answers are welcome too...

7 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Sometimes I wonder why the mom has to get sick? Not that you want your kids sick, but its much easier to take care of everyone if the mom just never got sick....

That answer is from the Lord.

And my moms answer to that question is: "Than she will know HOW to take care of everyone, because she knows what they need."

Probably.

Moms are awesome.
Your Awesome too Lacey. Love you.
Jamee

Betsy said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels like this sometimes! And by the way...you look GORGEOUS without makeup on!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Hmm...I always thought that my mom had all of the answers too...and then motherhood hit.

When you find out the answers...contact me. I could use a few...

Grandma Vicki said...

You know you have the best mom in the world, and she taught you so you will be the best mom in the world, your kids will think that you know all of the answers.

Kristie said...

You're cute!! I don't feel like I even compare to my mom...hopefully someday! Way cute pic!! Where is all that lushfulness?!?!

Kacy said...

I have to say ditto to a lot of those questions esp... the how are we all fitting in a two room condo? Make-up... thats like maybe twice a week. haha

The Probert Family said...

Lace...I loved this. I could hear your cute, laughing voice asking these mysterious questions. And I was laughing with you.

I am stumped by all of these questions, too. ESPECIALLY the ones about only having pictures of myself with scraggly hair and no make-up (i can believe what a natural beauty you are!!!...LUCKY!), and the question about how couples find time, money, and babysitters to take trips together. I'm sick of those couples.

Why do we have to make dinner everyday? And why is laundry NEVER done.

Life's mysteries, I suppose...and the joy of becoming 'the mom'.