Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Recap

This Halloween this year was a success. We started off the season with plans of having a BYU player and a football for trick or treaters. However, as time went on and stupid me mentioned to Cade that his cousins were going to be knights we no longer had a little boy dying to be a BYU player. Despite the fact that I had his whole costume bought and put together I caved and decided that it would be no fun to fight him on the subject every time he had to put on his costume. Which, side note, it is unbelievable how many times a 3-year-old needs to put on their costume. My mom and I went to Target and I fought against the idea of buying a store produced costume. Although, I am not one to love Halloween I hate the idea of putting my kids in something cheesy. However, she convinced me that he would love it and that would make the costume "cute" in the end. From the second that I walked through the door with his "ninja knight" costume or "inja knight" as he called it he truly thought he was a Ninja Knight. He would have slept, ate, bathed, and played in the costume and would still be in it if I would have let him. So, in the end.... I thought it was cute.

Every morning for 2 weeks he put the costume on, went outside, and practiced his kicks, punches and best of all... his ninja eyes. How he came up with that I have NO idea but it cracked me up every time.


We had a trunk or treat with our ward on Monday. After making the rounds and getting tons of candy he sat in our trunk and insisted on handing out all of his own candy to the kids, despite the fact that we had a whole bowl left. It made me smile to watch him find so much happiness in giving away something that was his. I was also so amazed that every child said "thank you" to Cade. So needless to say, we came home with a bucket full of regular size candy bars because Cade had given away all of his trick or treat candy.

Poor little Beckam doesnt have any costume pictures by himself. I was planning on making him a football but then realized that he would be just out of the hospital so I decided to scratch that idea. Even though plans changed I totally spaced the idea that he would need a costume. So on Halloween I pulled Cades old costume out right before we left to trick or treat and didn't have the chance to take his pictures. I am hoping to get around to that as soon as I find the face paint, for his whiskers and nose, that I lost some where. Even though the poor thing was sweating to death he was sure one of the cutest lions I have ever seen.

Cade made out like a bandit. Half way through the neighborhood he told me that he was "all done with candy." I told him that he didn't have to go up to the doors any more however, Jared quickly jumped in and told him to get up to the door and get some candy. By the end of the night Cade had to carry his bucket with both hands so he didn't drop it. We went back to the house and the kids dug in and ate and ate and ate! I am a believer in getting it all over with as soon as possible so I don't have to be the candy police. So, needless to say, we are candy free in our house now and finally coming down from a sugar high.

10 comments:

AshleyJ said...

I'm so glad you posted these pictures of Cade, because at the ward trunk or treat it was pitch black and I couldn't see his costume.(I was completely looking for the football player) What a sweet looking NINJA Knight! You are getting so talented with the camera Lacey!!

Alli said...

His ninja eyes! Oh my gosh! That is so dang funny! I have come back and read and re-read this post just to read that one line. What a crack-up!! Ninja eyes... haha...

Grandma Vicki said...

He is totally a boy, I love it, he makes a great ninja, love the eyes.

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Wow Cado that is one cool costume!!! I wish I was there so I could have seen you do some sweet ninja moves!!!

Daynes Family said...

Same thing kind of happened to me w/Luke. I had actually bought him a really cute Ninja costume from Old Navy but when my sister was in town we found the SWAT team costume that he insisted on being! Gosh, they must be three year olds! Anyway, Cade looks pretty awesome and it sounds like he had a blast. That's all that matters, right?!

Ashley said...

I love all the pictures Cade is so cute in his little costume!

The Goss Family said...

Lacey, I love checking out your blog and watching your little family grow. I am praying for you little Beckham. Cade looked awesome in his Ninja get-up, your such a good mommy.
I wish you the best, say hi to Jared for me.

Kristie said...

HaHa love it!! He is so cute and all BOY!!

Joyce said...

Love the ninja eyes! HE is so cute!!

MGF said...

Your warriors are really cute.
Totally boys.....