Monday, October 6, 2008

Pumpkins and Pictures


We went to the pumpkin patch this weekend for our annual pumpkin trip. We had a great time and really enjoyed finding the perfect pumpkins for our porch.

We all ran around and picked and picked and picked and as usual our little Beckam slept until it was time to leave. So the only picture of him is in his car seat. I promise that he isn't ALWAYS in his car seat.

Cade loved the rows and rows of apple trees.



Enjoying the "fruits of his labors." He was really proud of himself and had a fun time showing Jared what he had found.

A few weeks ago we went for a walk as a family so we could spend a little extra time together and also so I could maybe trick Cade into actually looking at the camera. His new line is "mom, I don't want to smile. Please put the camera away."

And he also tries to give silly smiles now too.

But I managed to get a few.



My little Beckam also doesn't like to smile for the camera but atleast he will look at me, even if it is a totally confused look that I get.





There are so many funny things that Cade says these days that I really need to start writing them down. The latest happened last night. I got him some new shoes the other day and he was running around the house in them so he could show us how fast he is. On one of his rounds he slid into the door and then looked up and said, "whoa, I am so fast I scare myself!" Jared and I just looked at each other and busted a gut! What a crack up he is!

7 comments:

Alli said...

I love the pictures! It looks like the pumpkin and apple picking went well. What a fun tradition! I want to do that!

Cade is so dang funny!! I couldn't stop laughing when I read what he said. Oh, man... what a crack up...

AshleyJ said...

What a fun time that looks like! Cade is such a sport to let you get some cute pictures of him. You can tell the difference between boys and girls. Girls are like "Hey you wanna take a picture of me?" and boys are "get that thing out of my face". Too cute. We need to get together soon!

The Williams Family said...

Hey Lacey,
The pictures are so cute. I didn't really think that Cade and Beckam looked alike until I saw the pic of Beckam sitting up. Well, you talked about writing down the funny things... I just looked on my friends blog and she has a section called Sieverts silly sayings... then has typed them out. I promise as your family grows, those are some of those things that Elder Wirthlin talked about in conference. Your family will laugh and laugh about them as they grow! So fun!

Kristie said...

Hey just wanted to check out your blog...Your boys are adorable!! So where is this pumpkin patch? Pumkin patches that aren't in parking lots are hard to find here in Nevada:)Anyways, such cute pics!!

Grandma Vicki said...

Love the pictures of your adorable boys, Beckham is really growing and is so sweet. Cade is a true boy. What a fun thing to do, Remember our pumpkin carving days. Good memories. I miss them...

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Oh how I love the fall and picking pumpkins, I love those pics!!! Soo cute!!!!

Camille said...

Great pictures! Where was the pumpkin patch? My boys would love that. Okay, I was thinking. I am inviting you over to hang out next week. I get back Sunday, so I'll clean up after the boys all day Monday. Any day after that, just pick one! The boys can play outside and we can talk. Oooh, and bring your camera, we'll talk manual! What do you think?