Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What Sounds Good Baby?


My poor, sweet, Jared was sent on his first crazy pregnancy fiasco last night. We had been planning on going out with some friends so I didn't have any dinner planned but things didn't work out. So we decided to get some errands done and before I knew it it was 6:30 and Cade was in the back of the car saying, "Mom, I am huuuuuuungry!!" So we made a quick stop at McDonald's to satisfy him so we could finish what we were doing. Well, eventually we both realized that we too were hungry and the typical question, "so, what sounds good?" was asked. Well, unlike the past few months, I actually had an idea of what I wanted... Meat! I wanted a steak or a pork chop with some mashed potatoes. It just sounded so good but so out of character for me. All Jared could do was look at me and laugh... "who are you and what did you do with my wife?" he asked.
Well, Cade had reached his limit and bed was calling his name so I headed in to put him to bed and Jared headed out to satisfy my tummy. An hour, 5 restaurants, and a sleeping baby later Jared got home with a smile and a "I got what you wanted, babe!" He pulled out a juicy pork chop with mashed potatoes and a green salad, my hero!

I asked if he had told every person he asked about a pork chop why he was on the hunt. He said that he had only told the guy at the last place he went to which the man replied, "oh man, I have 3 kids and I know EXACTLY what you are going through!" I laughed and laughed and felt a little embarrassed at what my poor hubby had to just endure for his crazy wife. After dinner was devoured he pulled out a chocolate dessert with a big smile on his face. I asked if he had seen a picture of the dessert of if he just read it on the menu. He said that he just asked the guy if they had anything chocolate. The guy said they only had one thing to which Jared replied, "I'll take it." They guy asked if he wanted to know what it was and Jared said, "nope, it is chocolate, it will do, I will take it." Haha, the guy laughed and again said, "Man, I know EXACTLY what you are going through!" Oh... the things that we all do for pregnancy! Thanks sweetheart! You are the best!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

what a nice man you have! i think tyler would have looked at me like i was crazy and said "yeah right babe!" haha. and what a nice addition with the chocolate! he scored major points last night after that run!

Alli said...

How sweet! Nothing says love like a juicy pork chop and something chocolate!

PS: I can't wait to see you!

Camille said...

You are one lucky girl! Jarom would probably have told me to eat a sandwich. :-) Nah, it's amazing sometimes how great a husband can be isn't it? Yours sure sounds like a winner! Good luck with the cravings!

{B}dreamy said...

HA! Lace, I just loved this story.

Joyce said...

Love this post!! What a great husband!! :)

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Lacey I can just imagine you pounding a big juicy pork chop!!! That is so funny !!!! It is crazy what weird things we crave when we are pregnant!!!!

michellecluff said...

How do I know exactly what you're talking about!? It's so great isn't it? Good thing Jared's such a great husband!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing...I've been craving the same thing and I'm also getting a bit bigger around the middle....this explains it all.....I'M PREGNANT!!!(Your mother will be so excited...shes always wanted another baby)

michellecluff said...

Sorry, me again! TAG! Go to my blog to see what to do.