Saturday, December 4, 2010

Life


  There is nothing like fall trees.  I love them.
The color.
The crunch.
The memories they stir within my heart.

Not very often, in Las Vegas, do you actually get a glimpse of real fall trees.  As enchanting as palm trees can be at first sight they don't exactly lend much to the fall season.  So when I saw these trees my heart practically skipped a beat.

I was rather impressed with myself.  I had all three kids up, bathed, dressed, fed, and on location by 8 a.m. I wont tell you what I looked like or how Beckam really acted but lets just say neither were very pretty.


Life is finally starting to get into somewhat of a routine.  I still feel a little out of sorts that I have had to replace my normal, leisurely, 10 a.m. workout for a 5 a.m. sleepy eyed run, my enjoyable, quiet shower time with a speedy, chaotic rinse (if I am lucky), and laundry... well... hmmm... lets just say there is a lot of it.
However, how lucky I feel to have these 3 little monkeys.  They have all grown, evolved, stepped up, given a little and loved a lot.

Being a mom is good.  It is amazing.  It is tricky.  It is hard.  It is everything.
I have recently gained a new perspective.  A view from the other other side, if you will.
I had the incredible opportunity of photographing my dear friend Camille as she brought a beautiful baby into this world.  
 
The mom feeling never changes... it just deepens...always

4 comments:

Julie T. said...

Wow, where are those trees? I love all your pictures so much. Your kids are so cute!

Kristie said...

The pics of your kids are so, so cute!! All of the fun shots of Capri are to die for!!!! (Just caught up on earlier posts:)

Camille said...

They turned out perfect! Gosh you have cute kids. I had no idea that fall even came to Las Vegas. Might have to go track down those trees.

And one more time, I love my pictures. Love.

sloan said...

I LOVE LOVE THESE pics... they are so dang cute and I love how you were in the leaves and grass.... WOW you are good at what you do...