Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Surprise"


Was what I heard when I turned around this morning and saw Cade standing in front of me.  He continued with, "I got dressed all my by self, (all by myself), mom!"  Not only did he get dressed all by himself but he also bathed himself, from start to finish.  Thus using a whole bottle of shampoo because the "bubbles are so fun" according to him.  However, despite the bubbles I was really proud of my little guy for being so independent.  My favorite part....
 
...his one inside out, one right side out, red and blue striped socks with his shorts.  You have to love that preschoolers just wear what they feel cool in, not what others tell them is cool.  Love it!

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Today, kids dressing themselves is the cutest darnedest thing ever!

I love that you appreciate it!

And I love that you are up as late as me.

Jamee

Clarissa Meegan said...

I'm impressed Cade!

Such great pictures to capture the memory as well :)

Grandma Vicki said...

What a handsome boy he is, I love his look of accomplishment! Now your life will be changed forever, he will always want to pick out his own cloths and take his own tubby.

Kristie said...

HaHa!! He's so cute...I think him and Maddy for sure:)

Joyce said...

LOVE IT! What a stud!!